cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nadim4013
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 10 install without formate data

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15 ab203tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi. I'm facing a problem I with Windows 10 installation.I have to install Windows 10 with formatting all driver.but how to install win 10 only formatting c driver. When i select c driver for install win 10 from usb it shows windows can install this driver.not only c driver it shows for all driver so i have to clean install and formate al data.so how to fix it
3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,787 32,909 3,069 7,571
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nadim4013

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

You're using the wrong terminology for the problem, and that is making it confusing.

You keep mentioning "driver", but what you mean is "drive".

Microsoft calls each partition a "drive" but in reality, the entire physical disk is a "drive".

When you go to install Windows, and the disk already has partitions on it, you are given the choice of selecting one for the installation.  Windows will then reformat that partition (what MS calls a "drive") and install Windows there.

Are you saying the installer will not let you select an existing partition for the installation, but instead, wants to use the entire disk?

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Nadim4013
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
When i select any disk time of Windows​ 10 instalion
It show Windows can not install this disk..how to fix
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,787 32,909 3,069 7,571
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nadim4013

There are several different versions of this problem -- and to know which one, we need to know the ENTIRE error message, as the one you present is often accompanied with "The selected disk is of the GPT partition style".

We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation