Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Again im really sorry for late reply Mr Daniel my sound still is the same i get sound later when i restart it goes

still couldn't solve it

Edit : sorry i missunderstood the question well it was same in windows xp two for vista i dont know since i dont use it for a year... everything happened when i downgraded from win7 to xp

HP Recommended

@Safater

Hi,

Disconnect from Internet.

Uninstall from Your system audio drivers.

Resources:

Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Restart Your system:

On boot press F8 and choose Safe mode.

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Audio, Video and Games Controllers

and find there Audio card. Click on it with right button of Your mouse and choose uninstall driver.

Restart Your system and this time start it in normal mode.

You should have now yellow sign with exclamation mark ( ) in Devices Manager (Control Panel -> Devices Manager).

This is

Connect to Internet.

Install again audio driver from Wndows Update just like Cheryl told You.

@hannaxbear

Hi,

A

On-screen visuals and associated sounds that are displayed and heard when adjusting the notebook volume:

You are right. To solve problem with showing graphic while changing volume there should be installed HP QuickTouch, but this software woks only under Win7 32 bit and even there it's not so great.

Uninstall HPQuickTouch from Your system.

Resources:

Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

When You will do that install:

3RVX from here

It's a free software with much more intresting functions and it works under 32 and 64 bit Win7 version.

You may check even how it works on YouTube movie which is here.

User shows there for example how You may change skins there.

I'm sure then You will like it.

B

Fan:

I talked about it with Cheryl (She have dv2000 model). Sensore which is in this model don't give information about fan speed because it's not supported by this software.

Here is screen from HWMonitor which was uploaded by Cheryl:

HWMon.GIF

It looks the same under Vista so You can't do anything about it.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@ hannaxbear

What are your Temps now? After upgrade to Win 7,mine ran a bit warmer than I was accustomed to in Vista ,but are about the same after WU's.

You can see my Temps from screenshot posted above by Daniel.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@daniel

your solution for me thank you really really much kudos for that post

HP Recommended

@Safater

So I understand then Your problem is solved, right?

I just want to be sure then this solution worked for You.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

yes i couldnt see sound video and game controllers in normal mode running in safe mode and uninstalling solved everything for me .. yes my problem is solved

HP Recommended

@Daniel

Thanks for all your help!

@CherylG

My temperatures range from 45 degrees Celsius (if I'm not doing much on my computer and/or my cooling fan is on) to 80 (if I'm doing more strenuous things with my computer, like webcamming while playing a Flash game in a browser, and chatting on AIM, etc.)

HP Recommended

how can I tell which wireless driver I need?

Also, The specs for my laptop give a different graphics card model then the one the drivers are for. My laptop is a dv2819nr and the specs say NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M while the driver download says Nvidia mcp67m. This may be why I was crashing after installing the graphics card.

HP Recommended

also, I've been having trouble with the audio driver. It says can't locate MEDIA for the driver.

HP Recommended

@marbanasin

The Audio driver posted on ( AMD) dv2800 series  drivers page is the wrong driver, even for Vista. I have reported that to HP with no luck getting it removed.

Use this for audio:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38501-39000/sp38906.exe

For the graphics driver, boot into Safe Mode by tapping F8 at startup. Go to Device Manager,right click the graphic and Uninstall driver. Reboot, go back to Device Manager, right click and Update driver, choose 'Search automatically" letting it download from Windows Update.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.