Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm not saying all this bitching will do one bit of good other than give the user some satisfaction as to consumer rights, after all the DV9000 series is not that old and is still very much current technology, heck! I've even got an SSD in mine :Wink:

However, unless we vent our displeasure and threaten to vote with our wallets then corporations will continue to take the easy way out when it comes to consumers.

Even though my W7 install went without any real problems I feel for those maybe not as technically competant as other and should have the help of their supplier to keep the equipment current.

Another thing I did was send an email of complaint to HP, again by itself it will do nothing but if the volume becomes loud maybe a majority may just force a re-think on the part of the HP gnomes, in my case, for Australia I used this link to send an email to customer care, (if there is such a thing)

HP General enquiries

As I say, it is probably pointless but maybe we can help a future generation of users by pointing out that a computer is not redundant once it is sold

David

HP Recommended
I have also called and sent numerous emails to HP about this issue also  .... and a little word of warning, careful how you vent on here because it won't be long before your posts are being deleted .... a few of mine have been deleted and a thread I started has been locked  ... guess certain moderators on here are in bed with HP and don't like to hear how the consumers feel  .... when the  DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS LAPTOP stickers are printed I'll order 1,000 ... the only way a message will get through to HP is by consumers sticking together and refusing to purchase their products  .. not supporting a laptop less than 2 years old is disgusting for a company as large as HP  ... I wonder how the consumers are feeling that have paid for HP extended support for a product with no support in windows 7  ....
Message Edited by MESABoogie on 10-26-2009 11:01 PM
HP Recommended

Update on HP dv9620us Drivers, Win7x64 issues:

Video: Get your GeForce/nForce drivers directly from NVIDIA, which solved my video driver issues. 

Sound:  Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 can be used as a temporary solution.  Now I get sound output to speakers, to earphones, and microphone input to software (skype), BUT the hard-buttons for sound no longer work. I can't turn the speakers off or on or control the volume anymore with the hard-buttons.  Also, when earphones are plugged in, sound comes out of both earphones and on-board speakers simultaneously.  

DVD/CD ROM Drive: Seems to be working, BUT I used to have XM2552Y RMI408O SCSI CdRom Device driver, which I no longer do, and I haven't been able to find a Win7x64 driver for that.

ANY FURTHER INFORMATION ON THESE PARTICULAR DRIVERS and ISSUES IS MUCH APRECIATED, as well as other general info on this model, drivers, Win7 issues, etc.

HP Recommended

RE:

Conexant High Definition SmartAudio HD2 card

HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with Smart CP 

CONEXANT

4000 MacArthur Blvd.
Newport Beach, CA., 92660
Phone: (949) 483-4600
Toll Free: (888) 855-4562

They don't have Win7 drivers for these past products of theirs on their site:  http://www.conexant.com/support/md_driverdownload.jsp
And I've inquired and am waiting to see what their Public Relations department (they have no customer service dept) says.  This could be a significant consumer rights issue:  100s of thousands, perhaps millions of users of PCs from HP (and other manufacturers), many still on the market, with CONEXANT cards may not be able to use their modems and sound (speakers, earphones, microphones -- no sound) with Win7!  This could be emerging as a situation of mass customer abandonment, planned obsolescence, and

LINUX:  All hardware and drivers seem to be working fine with Kubuntu (the Debian Linux subdistribution Ubuntu with the KDE user interface).  If drivers don't emerge soon, or no easy solution emerges, perhaps this will lead to a growth in consumer adoption of Linux, which enables the full functionality of the hardware, as well as has some benefits over Win7 (security, flexibility, stability), is increasingly consumer friendly, and comes at a very favorable price: free. If necessary, users can run Windows aps in one of the several virtual or emulation software Linux supports. 

An interesting situation.
HP Recommended
I have a dv9700t originally on Vista 32bit.  I "upgraded" to Win 7 and had absolutly no issues.  Everything works great and just as it did originally.  I did upgrade the BIOS and made sure that I had all the latest Vista updates and device drivers.  Then went for it - took 3 hours and no issues.  Finger reader, remote and quickplay all work.
HP Recommended

I have the DV9260US and it's taken a clean Windows 7 Pro 64 bit install quite well.  One exception though -- Bluetooth.  It detected 'some' of the Bluetooth hardware, but not all of it -- shows a bunch of messed up Bluetooth devices in Device Manager.

I tried the Vista 64 drivers -- and the install 'completed successfully'.  The Device Manager showed everything correctly afterwards -- but it isn't right.  The same stereo Bluetooth headset I used with Vista doesn't work with my laptop now.  They detect correctly, and sound is cut from the speakers (after I manually opt to use the detected headset) but no sound comes from the headset.

Is there maybe another model laptop that uses the same Bluetooth hardware that might have newer drivers that could be used? 

HP Recommended
I don't have built in bluetooth on mine.  It wouldn't hurt to try other drivers.  I'd go up a model or so to find newer drivers.  After talking to a HP friend about win7 and playing around with it I'm ready to take the plunge.  From everything I've research and gathered I should be good to go on my DV9925nr.  I've updated everything and I'll report back how it goes. 
HP Recommended

I have THREE dv9320us units... just had them about a year....

Just upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium....

Install went pretty good...but took LONG time (....like, 3 hours...)

Just tried my BlueTooth... it LOOKS like it's on... but, is NOT FINDING things to pair with !!

Also, all my neat Logitech thingy's (expensive wireless mouse; webcam 9000 pro; wireless track ball) work a while... then lock up

On my recommendation, my brother bought HP dv's from himself, his wife, and our mother....

I AM _NOT_ A HAPPY CAMPER/CUSTOMER ABOUT THIS "NO WINDOWS 7 SUPPORT" THING !!

HP Recommended

I'm surprised that the drivers for anything higher-end, 5 years or newer, wasn't provided for -- especially as I paid a premium for this Vista Ultimate laptop and all the bells and whistles that came with the DV9260US.  At the very least they should have released drivers for more of their laptops via Windows Update.  After jumping ship from Windows Mobile devices to an iPhone 3GS -- I'm starting to appreciate the lingering product relevance Apple provides.  It's stuff like this that steers people to the Apple Store -- next time I purchase a laptop, I'll be taking a look.

Bluetooth did work well with Vista, and I used Bluetooth stereo headsets often for watching movies and recorded TV.  Oddly enough, the TV tuner card that shipped with the laptop installed fine without a driver disk, pulled what it needed from Windows Update.  I did find an IOGear mini-Bluetooth USB adapter that has Windows7 drivers available, and it supports stereo Bluetooth -- it's $15 at Amazon and is barely noticeable.  I'm thinking I could disable current Bluetooth stuff via Device Manager and use the adapter instead: http://www.iogear.com/product/GBU421/

A couple other things don't work -- the internal microphone and not all the buttons on the wireless remote are recognized.  Neither matter much for day-to-day use, but when needed they'll be missed 😞

Message Edited by benjitek on 11-11-2009 01:33 AM
HP Recommended

I also initially was upset when I learned that my relatively brand new dv9000 laptop (dv9930us) would not be supported for Windows 7. Oh well I got over that.

I bought the Win7 home premium upgrade disk, downloaded HP's Win7 driver for HP quick play/remote interface for dv6/dv7 (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45058.exe) and from nVidia.com the Win7 mobile driver for the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS display adapter.

I unloaded mcafee antivirus. The Win7 upgrade went smoothly, but when completed after a couple hours, the upgrade reported that HP quickplay/remote interface was unsupported, as anticipated.

Then I loaded HP's new Win7 driver for the HP quickplay, which loaded without a complaint, and resulted with HP's crappy quickplay interface functioning just as well as it ever did.

Then I loaded the new nVidia Win7 driver file for the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS display adapter. All went very well. 

Operating memory reported the full 4 GB of installed memory is available to the OS.

I reloaded McAfee antivirus and all applications are working fine.

Windows 7 is considerably less clunky and quite a bit quicker than MS's dog vista.

Give it a try. Oh well, HP Support won[t be able to help me now that my dv9930us no longer is configured with MS Vista. I'll just have to grin and bear that loss...whatever.

Message Edited by rfk1381 on 11-12-2009 01:19 PM
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.