Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
30-60 days after launch is terrible and that's not even granted, and there is something we can do and that's not to buy hp next time around.

That is where I'm at.
HP Recommended

@KingpinEX wrote:
30-60 days after launch is terrible and that's not even granted, and there is something we can do and that's not to buy hp next time around.

That is where I'm at.

That is the answer.  Show HP how you feel about them with your wallet.

HP Recommended
Adrynalyne you are speaking my mind, you are totally right, the only way to get hp to do any thing is to make customers express there dissatisfaction with the current way HP is neglecting them.

Show hp that people care about this.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I'm sorry but this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

I would like to remind everyone that per the Rules of Participation everyone should please Be Respectful to other users.  You can express your opinions as long as you do so respectfully to everyone involved.

If you see a user giving an inappropriate response, please use the Report Inappropriate Content link on the left of the post (under their username) to report the content to a Moderator.  We can then look into the post and remove any content in violation of the rules.

If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

We may not have to worry about this much longer.

AMD is reportedly taking over driver development for Enduro products (switchable graphics).

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=448&threadid=160995&enterthread=y&STARTPAGE=1#last

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6243/amds-enduro-switchable-graphics-levels-up

This really the best solution if it indeed happens.

HP Recommended
I think this would be great for AMD, and would let users download “regular” AMD updates again as before this idiotic manufactures only OEM updates insanity. As far as I’m concerned they can even make a driver that just disables the NVIDIA chip altogether. thanks for that info, it needs to also be placed in the 7690M XT forum http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/TO-ALL-7690m-XT-LAPTOP-USERS-PLEASE-POST-TO-...
HP Recommended

This isn't resolved yet.

What AMD is working on is Enduro Switchable technology, not PowerPlay Switchable. I don't think AMD will take this matter for them... The Enduro technology starts on Radeon Mobility HD7xxx. 😞

What someone should do is create a Topic on AMD Forum to ask them for their support for PowerPlay.

It is a pain in our asses, in my case, can't make a good use of my Radeon Mobility HD6370M because the Radeon HD4200... This sucks so badly. 😞

HP Recommended

hmm well I dono buddy, all I know is the article only mentions "Switchable" nothing about powerplay, I haven't even heard or seen that term on any other forum about this switchable stuff. All it says is that the name ENDURO is now what they call Switchable.

I'm also not clear just where this 7690M XT card would fall, as its just a re done 6770M, so I don't know if it would be picked up by AMD as a 7xxxx series or not either, I do know that AMD doesn't even recognize the card at all now. BTW this thing (7690M XT) is supposed to be @900MHz too, but its only showing @800MHz, so even that's misleading.

I will be upgrading my W7 home prem to W8 Pro anyway come next month, and I assume HP will have some sort of driver cobbled together by than for us OEM'ers, it will be interesting how all this shakes out with so many complaints over this switchable stuff, I wish they would just go back to true dedicated video cards and let the card makers do the drivers. I mean man, with all this technology today, one video type either ATI or NVIDIA should be able to make a single card that is able to power down automatically when it senses battery power.

HP Recommended

@MalarKeY007 wrote:

This isn't resolved yet.

What AMD is working on is Enduro Switchable technology, not PowerPlay Switchable. I don't think AMD will take this matter for them... The Enduro technology starts on Radeon Mobility HD7xxx. 😞

What someone should do is create a Topic on AMD Forum to ask them for their support for PowerPlay.

It is a pain in our asses, in my case, can't make a good use of my Radeon Mobility HD6370M because the Radeon HD4200... This sucks so badly. 😞

Ah....I have an Envy 15 with a 7690M in it.  There is still hope.  AMD is realizing that OEMs cannot actually keep their customers happy because they are not reliable for driver updates.  OEMs are making AMD look bad and I am sure that is why they are doing this.  Nothing like lazy OEMs to make another company look bad. 

If AMD doesn't come through, I will make sure my next laptop has an Nvidia GPU in it.

HP Recommended

I've been so frustrated with HP and their lack of graphic updates, I completely and utterly regret buying this laptop and would gladly sell it and buy a new none HP 1 if I could afford to. I tried the suggestion earlier about those custom drivers from leshcatlabs but I ran into a bit of a problem where I would get a BSOD whenever I woke my laptop up from hibernation mode so reverted back to the out dated HP drivers. I was hoping to update to windows 8 but due to HP not releasing updates for my laptop, Pavilion DV6 with ATI 5470, I am unable to do this. It is even more annoying because other laptop manufacturers have/are releasing updates for their laptops in fact my old laptop has windows 8 drivers available and that's a 4 year old laptop, just wish it still worked so I could chuck this laptop away and use the less powerful and older laptop that can run windows 8.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.