Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This may be specific to the HP Envy, but that method leaves you with an Intel driver that does not allow changing brightness at all, either by keyboard, or by OS.

HP Recommended

Is my case I have two Radeons and my processor is an AMD. It's a G42-371.

HP Recommended
Ahhhhhhhh. That explains it.

You know you might want to try the beta 12.9s.
HP Recommended
Now I know why LENOVO took the first place from HP.

LENOVO give drivers support for their customers. Thing that HP don't care about, even if LENOVO don't have the same notebook quality that HP have.

HP needs to learn alot from others companies.
HP Recommended

@MalarKeY007 wrote:
Now I know why LENOVO took the first place from HP.

LENOVO give drivers support for their customers. Thing that HP don't care about, even if LENOVO don't have the same notebook quality that HP have.

HP needs to learn alot from others companies.

That is so true.  There is nothing wrong with HP prices, or even machinery.  Its their lack of care for customer support, both in customer service and driver support.

Take note HP:  The nicest hardware in the world won't save your business if you can't support your customers.

HP Recommended

I've been using Windows 8 Pro since August, and I recently got it on a new HP laptop, and driver support has been a nightmare. I've had to force all of the drivers to work via the .inf file. Also, the display drivers have been screwing around with Windows Update, and now I cannot install any updates from Microsoft, only third-parties. 

HP has some work to do, and I hope that they have new drivers for the GA launch date.

HP Recommended

The issue of NO latest version drivers for ATI - Intel switchable graphics has been going on since mid-2011 for W7 users. 

I strongly recommend abandoning all hope that either HP or AMD-ATI will ever again produce updated drivers for old HP Pavs with switchable graphics.

The only solution is to find a stable safe modified driver from a third-party (or make your own).  Be very careful of any mod sources from China...some folks have gotten burnt bad using mods from unfamiliar sources...as in something nasty jumps out of the driver d-load.

Last year, I created my own mod ATI - Intel (v11.8) for W7x64.  However, last week, I discovered that MSFT Updates offers a ATI driver that worked very well (on my W7 x64 Pav...can't vouch for it working in W8). 

Good luck...and be careful when searching for a sound mod driver.  Do a complete system back-up BEFORE playing with it!

HP Recommended

New Driver 12.10
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/embedded/Pag...

I don’t think this driver is meant for us with the Intel/AMD setup, esp us with this 7690 thing. after reading the site I see where it states this

“AMD Embedded GPU and APU Vista/Win7 Driver”

I think what this tells me is if you have AMD/AMD your OK.

I feel if these manufactures would just stick to using the GPU and APU from the same maker all this driver mess would be fixed. As some seem to be able to use the AMD drivers and some not, the ones that can most likely have both graphics from AMD, likewise with this Optimus stuff, as long as the motherboard has both Intel and Ggforce it works well.

Why HP or any manufacturer decided to mix these graphics is beyond me, as I'm sure it would have been just as cost effective either way, I'd be all in favor of HP just giving me replacement Motherboard with both AMD if that would solve this driver mess,

HP Recommended

@HOODY

Man, I don't think that being AMD/AMD should resolve this mess. I have one, but the older one is on Legacy support now. Look on 12.10 drvier info:

Products Supported

E6760
E6460
R-Series
G-Series
Radeon HD 6970M
Radeon HD5770

I have the Radeon HD6970M, exactly how it is described. But, to this High-End GPU works, the Low-End GPU need to be working too (Radeon Mobility HD 4250). This Low-End GPU is on Legacy for AMD now.

I'll try to install it. But, I don't think this will resolve the AMD/AMD mess. And... this driver is for APU (Processor and Low-End Graphics in the same chip for better battery life, and to get rid of these switchable GPUs system.)

Actually (I think), who have Intel/AMD got a better chance for resolving this problem? Your guys have the LeshCat Driver. We don't have nothing, no one created Custom Drivers...

For real? The worst thing that the manufactures can do is use the switchable graphics system... always bugged, desktop crashing everytime and so on.... This sucks.

HP Recommended

Got this email from AMD just now, as you can see this guy is all flustered with me lolol. I been on him like white on rice. So per this guy as he so "plainly" states, my card 7690M XT is going to be supported. But what I wanted to know exactly is will I than be able to go just to AMD driver download and get my drivers from them from than on. 

Response and Service Request History:

Perhaps there is a phone number I can call you directly at and try to explain it over the phone?  I have answered your question numerous times now. I have even answered it very directly by stating in a previous e-mail: 
"I am really not trying to be cryptic.  I hope this is clear: YES, the upcoming driver WILL SUPPORT your product." Once again...
Catalyst 12.9 has added functionality for the Enduro switchable-graphics laptops.  Meaning it is compatible, and functionality has been added to the Vision Engine Control Center.  The "automatic" driver detection tool will not work for this beta driver. You can download it manually here:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst129betadriver.aspx
As you know, there are specific performance issues with the Enduro switchable-graphics laptops.  The driver that will address those specific issues has not yet been released.  It is the "upcoming" driver I have noted in the quote above.  Howeer, I cannot provide you specifics on that driver.  I can tell you to watch our support.amd.com hub-page once a week for that driver release.
In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact. I believe that the information provided above will help to resolve your issue.  If we do not hear otherwise, we will assume that the issue has been resolved, and the service request will be permanently closed after 10 days.

Best regards,

Marc AMD Global Customer Care

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.