Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@saab93f wrote:

Thanks for the reply. It is just incredible how a big player like HP can treat customers with such disdain. Acer and Lenovo have for example W8 drivers and they had beta drivers already ages ago.

I would personally be hard-pressed to purchase a HP product ever if I cannot get this one to work properly. Hopefully things will work out however.

What is your full model number? (dv6-xxxx), and 32 or 64 bit Windows 8?

How old is your notebook? Worst case you may be able to get some drivers from AMD that could work. I have had good success with those but it all depends on your notebook. Results have been varying greatly.

HP Recommended

Hi ya,

my notebook is Dv6-3000so with 64-bit W8. The purchase date was 11.7.2009.

HP Recommended

@saab93f wrote:

Hi ya,

my notebook is Dv6-3000so with 64-bit W8. The purchase date was 11.7.2009.

I can't find your exact model number but a quick check on it under driver support does not list Windows 8 as one of the OS options which pretty much tells me HP isn't planning on updates for software or drivers for your model. Can you verify the exact model number such as dv6t-3000 or dv6z-3000?

You might want to revert back to Win 7 unfortunately.

HP Recommended

The machine is "just" dv6-3000so, nothing else. I would be just happy if I could get the better GPU to work - I don´t need the switch option that much.

HP Recommended

@saab93f wrote:

The machine is "just" dv6-3000so, nothing else. I would be just happy if I could get the better GPU to work - I don´t need the switch option that much.

Have you tried downloading the latest Windows 7 drivers from HP, extracting them out but before the start of the install cancel it.

Then locate the location where the files were extracted and the setup.exe under the Video folder. Now you can set it to run under Windows 7 Compatibility.

This should get both cards and swtiching working again... with a few glitches but better then notta.

HP Recommended

@dezurtrat wrote:
How old is your notebook? Worst case you may be able to get some drivers from AMD that could work. I have had good success with those but it all depends on your notebook. Results have been varying greatly.

I have a dv6-6190us with Windows 8 64-bit. Any possible solutions for me? I've had a handful of annoying issues and I'm ready to wipe my hard drive and start over with Windows 7 again.

HP Recommended

@deuteros wrote:

I have a dv6-6190us with Windows 8 64-bit. Any possible solutions for me? I've had a handful of annoying issues and I'm ready to wipe my hard drive and start over with Windows 7 again.

What sort of issues ? care to share ?
Have you installed your original drivers for graphics on windows 7 compatibility mode ?

HP Recommended

@Chaand wrote:

What sort of issues ? care to share ?
Have you installed your original drivers for graphics on windows 7 compatibility mode ?

I've been using the Leshcat drivers. I didn't know about the Windows 7 compatibility mode. Got a link to instructions on how to do that?

HP Recommended

@deuteros wrote:

I've been using the Leshcat drivers. I didn't know about the Windows 7 compatibility mode. Got a link to instructions on how to do that?

!! I wrote them myself ages ago on this discussion, even on a separate discussion so people can see them clearly. Wasn't my idea though, credit goes to someone on this board.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video-e-g/Drivers-for-AMD-Radeon-HD-5650-switchabl...

About leshcat's drivers, you are soo lucky to be able to install them! I couldn't delete the original AMD & intel packages from my system, so wasn't able to have a clean install, as everytime I uninstall them then immediately come back 

HP Recommended

@deuteros wrote:

@dezurtrat wrote:

A search of your product for updated drivers only shows options for the Windows 7 OS so I suspect HP will not be providing official drivers. Based on what I have been reading here, I would recommend installing the Windows 7 version of software and Windows 7 drivers you are missing and then running them in Windows 7 compatibility mode on your Windows 8 OS. This may be your best bet for getting your system back to normal.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.