Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Well that seems strange to get a AMD driver update via MS updates, but I assume its possible.

What is your card type? a 67xx series? I have a dv7t-6c00 quad edition entertainment laptop also got it in July, it has this strange 7690M XT, which is a re branded 6770M, so I wonder Why I  havent seen any kind of drive update when I do a windows update.

I'm looking more to AMD to see what they do with this Enduro thing, which is the name they now call switchable graphics, and the new driver that they keep saying is coming "soon". If nothing occurs "soon" and this thing falls apart, AMD will see an even bigger stock loss.

HP Recommended

I tried the Windows Update driver.  It indeed installs and works.

That said...I scored LOWER in performance than my onboard video.

Onboard video:  6.1 WEI

Leshcat AMD video: 6.8 WEI

Windows Update AMD video: 5.8 WEI

HP Recommended

@Otávio wrote:

@@MalarKeY007

I had the same problem you have with a HP G42-371. And I found a way to fix it. Here's how:

After a few hours trying to figure out how to install my Radeon 6370m switchable with a 4200m on Windows 8 Pro, I've finaly done it. And Control Center is working. May work on other cards combination.

Here's how:

1 - Install the onboard card with Windows Update. Don't know if this step is really necessary.
2 - Download and install the catalyst 12.3 folder (12-3_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc). This is the last working catalyst for my card. Just install the folder, do not install the .exe.
3 - On Device manager, disable the 6300m card to prevent BSOD.
4 - Download and install catalyst 12.8. Even with the offboard card disabled, BSOD may occur. That's not really a problem.
5 - On Device manager, manualy install the 12.3 driver on the 6300m:
- right click on card
- update driver
- browse my computer
- let me pick from a list
- have disk
- browse
- go to catalyst 12.3 folder - Packages - Drivers - Display - W76A_INF- CH135750.inf (depending on your card the file name may be different. You will have to test wich inf file is the proper driver).

6 - Reboot

Catalyst 12.8 is going to boot with the system and the driver 12.3 is going to handle the graphics card. This way you can use the card and control the card settings on Control Center.

Onboard card is going to be fully operacional too.

Good luck!

@Otávio

What is your "Graphic Elements" score performance on windows?   5,1 - 4,8 - 4,6...?

HP Recommended

@MalarKeY007

Gaming Graphics: 6.1

Windows 8 Pro x64.

HP Recommended

@Otávio wrote:

@@MalarKeY007

Gaming Graphics: 6.1

Windows 8 Pro x64.

No, It's the another one, above it. Graphic Elements (tells about Windows Aero). Probably its the lowest score.

I'm asking, because I scored 5.1 on Windows 7 x64. I want to see if the graphics are fully operational with your metod.

HP Recommended

@MalarKeY007 Scored 4.8 on Graphics.

HP Recommended

Windows 8 drivers have started to be posted.

Check your models and keep an eye out for graphics drivers.

HP Recommended

will be update for dv7 6050?

HP Recommended

I couldn't tell you for sure.

As a point of reference, I have an HP Envy 15-3033CL.

HP Recommended

Because I know someone will try it:

The 12.10 and 12.11 drivers from AMD do not contain an Intel driver, nor is one mentioned in the inf.

So while it will update the ATI driver, the Intel driver is still not there and will not be updated.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but my Envy 15 needs a proper Intel driver from ATI (or hacked to work) to get things like brightness controls working.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.