Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP APU AMD Quad Core A8
FreeDOS

I just bought a new PC, but i cannot install Windows as it says it cannot be installed in MBR Partition. I tried going to BIOS and disabling the EUFI, but there is no such option of disabling in the BIOS system only changing the order of boot.

I tried using DiskPart to convert but the disk cannot be cleaned. It displays some HP files present in the disk. 

Thirdly i tried the EUFI settings in Windows set up to load plain boot in boot selection instead of USB EUFI. Which although starts installation but soon when the windows restarts as required in windows setting up it goes back to loading EUFI. 

Please Suggest.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@aminsohail

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have a new HP computer. When you try to install Windows on it, it says it cannot be installed in MBR Partition. You have tried to go to the BIOS and disable the EUFI and there no such option. I have read the steps you performed and you've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • From where di you get the Windows operating system disk?

Meanwhile, please check if the following options are accessible in BIOS:

1. Temporarily disable the EFI Boot Sources setting in the BIOS:

1. Restart the computer, and then press F10 to enter the BIOS.

2. Navigate to Storage > Boot Order, and then disable the EFI Boot Sources.

3. Select File > Save Changes > Exit .

2. Install the Windows operating system.

3. Enable the EFI Boot Sources setting in the BIOS:

1. Restart the computer, and then press F10 to enter the BIOS.

2. Navigate to Storage > Boot Order, and then enable the EFI Boot Sources.

3. Select File > Save Changes > Exit .

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted. All the best! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.