Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DV7-3162nr
Microsoft Windows XP

Hello. I want to install Windows XP SP3 on my HP DV-7 3162nr (which comes with Windows 7 by default). The problem is that during the installation process, I get an acpi.sys error in a blue screen... I guess I need to integrate the correct SATA AHCI driver in my Windows XP SP3 installation disc... The problem is I don't know where to find the correct driver

Specs:

AMD Turion II M520

4gb ram

Using a VM with XP is not an option, I need it to run on real hardware, with the purpose of correctly playing some old games which won't run well on Windows 7

I'd appreciate any help you can give me

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have zipped up and attached the sata drivers you need to incorporate (slipstream) into your XP installation media, below.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, no matter what I try, I keep getting an "000000x7E" BSOD error after the textmode drivers finish loading...

Tried:

Slipstream the driver you gave me into an unmodified Win XP SP3 iso

Slipstream DriverPacks Base 10.06, Chipset 12.09, CPU 10.05, LAN 12.05, Mass Storage 12.09, WLAN 12.02 into another copy of the original unmodified iso

Slipstream DriverPacks into the iso with the drivers you uploaded and try to install with that iso

Don't know what else to do

All the isos work fine under virtualbox and other computers, but not on my laptop

HP Recommended

It's possible you may need an older version of the driver I posted.

I zipped up and attached an older version below.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.