cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Vendytje
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows failed to start and I don't have installation disc or passwords

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G0

After switching it on my computer goes into Windows Boor Manager and wats Windows installation disc to continue. I dont have that disc anymore. 

The only other thing I can do is to press esc+enter and there is a menu. I tried to chose the factory reset but then it wants my finger print (i never put that in). What can I do? 

More details: 

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

Please help?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,618 10,614 990 2,991
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What version of Windows is this?  Probably need a repair disk.  For that the Windows version is needed.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Vendytje
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7

0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,618 10,614 990 2,991
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can borrow an install disk to use as a repair disk ot make you own install disk by going here:

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-toolhtt...

Once you get to the step to download, pick Windows 7 and make the DVD install disk.  Then boot to that disk and pick repair instead of install.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation