Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi guys! anyone can help me in this error message..! IM using Hp g61-453EE

i need help..! Please help me..! need your assistance..! tnx

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing this same problem.

Dropped my laptop, nothing broke, but now my wireless adapter is missing and can't be found in the device manager or in the wireless connections screen.

My wireless button is orange instead of its normal blue light and clicking it doesn't change it to the blue light.

All that is showing in the Network Adapter of my Device Manager is my ethernet (Realtek RTL8102E/8103E Family PCI) and not my Wireless LAN which used to show.

The wireless adapter is also not found in the Control Panel --->Mobile PC--->Adjust Commonly Used Mobility Settings. HP Network Assistant also doesn't work, which I also uninstalled and reinstalled.

At the start up screen, I receive a notice that Wireless Module is not found.

1) Updated to the latest BIOS version
2) Made sure the Wireless LAN is enabled in the BIOS screen
3) Ensured that there weren't any errors in the Network Adapter in the Device Manager
4) Sleep mode disabled in Power Management in Device Manager
5) Downloaded wireless adapter driver updates
6) System Restore to a previously working condition.
7) Opened the back of the computer where the wireless module is and reseated it just in case it shifted out of place when the laptop dropped. I did this by unscrewing the wireless module and putting it back into position.
😎 Hard reset

I did all of this and my wireless adapter is still not found. If it was showing up then at least I can enable it if it had become disabled, but this is not even the case. On the exterior, nothing is broken. So I'm clueless on what to do.

Please, please, please help. My model # is HP G60-230US

HP Recommended

This says solved but its not working for me.  I tried all 3 of the "solutions" with no luck.  Than I called HP support and was treated like crap by Arbin Rai, who also refused to transfer me to his supervisor.  

I am 19 days out of warrantee and I cant get help on a KNOW issue.  

All I know is this is the last HP I let anyone in my family buy.  Hello Apple.

If this problem has any other solutions can anyone give me a heads up.  Thanks a TON!!

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I have a Pavilion dv6-2155dx also and have been having this “Wireless Module Not Found” problem.

This “Power Drain” procedure used to solve the problem at the beginning, but after a few days it was not solving it every time.

I have then bought a generic Wi-Fi USB adapter, but my laptop didn’t recognize neither this adapter nor the driver’s CD that came together.

After trying to use my adapter without success I’ve discovered that the “Power Drain” procedure still works, but every time my computer goes on stand by mode I need to do the “Power Drain” again and again.

Does somebody have a tip or trick to bypass this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Wagner

HP Recommended

hi I am getting error  Wireless Module not found (701) on startup ? any ideas ?

HP Recommended

i have a G62-231NR and i have that problem so i whant to know how  to update the bio

HP Recommended

Hi Cyclops,

I receive the same error message on boot up of my system, I followed the procedures you posted earlier but I still have the same problem. My machine is HP PRobook 4320s running windows 7 professional

Thanks

HP Recommended

where do I found current and new BIOS version and ID while set up

HP Recommended

Hi! How do i fix?

HP Recommended

D name of my PC is hp pavilion dv6-1350us entertainment notebook.

Please how do i correct dis wireless module error not found (701) problem

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.