Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Have you noticed the problem with bluetooth after installing wireless button driver?
Thats the indirect effect of it.
HP Recommended

I never use Bluetooth personally. Not sure why it's not phased out, with NFC becoming more popular and all.

HP Recommended

SOLUTION FOUND

finally hp has released F22 Bios update.

install this update from hp driver page, everything works fine in windows 8 with this update.

HP Recommended

@abheekmaiti wrote:

SOLUTION FOUND

finally hp has released F22 Bios update.

install this update from hp driver page, everything works fine in windows 8 with this update.

Where can one find this BIOS update? I only see the F13 version under my laptop's Support & Drivers page. Thanks.

HP Recommended

It doesn't work for me :(.

I updated the bios to the latest verion F.22 and the wireless card still could not turn on.

I should go to sleep mode and back to turn on the wireless card.

Any idea what is wrong and how I can resoulve the issue.

Thank you.

HP Recommended
Rosen try installing the new Wireless button driver that I referenced on page 3 (sp59720). This one is designed for Windows 8 and worked for me. No need to upgrade to F22 BIOS. My wi-fi key works fine now.
HP Recommended

Also remember to remove the HP Connection Manager as it is built into Windows 8

HP Recommended

Where do you get the F22 update?

HP Recommended

I have installed the new Wireless button driver (sp59720), the latest bios version F22 and the latest Ralink driver version (5.0.5.0).
Also I have tried to unistall and reinstall all drivers and software (Wireless button driver/ Ralinl latest driver and etc) but the wireless button (Fn + F12) doesn't work for me.  It switches the Flight Mode on/off but the wireless is still off :(.

HP Recommended

I also installed the new F12 button driver and updated the BIOS but still doesnt work. The F12 key now toggles airplane on or off but doesnt turn on wifi.  Anybody from HP that can help us? I paid $39 for the Windows upgrade and just because HP didnt updated their drivers I can't use Windows 8! They made me loose money!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.