Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15-r074TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My laptop wifi after some time get disabled and when i open device manager it shows a yellow sign on that icon

and if a troubleshoot it sometimes it get back to work but sometimes the wifi icon goes from the device manger until i restart my system

and i am triyng to installing wifi driver but when the setup runs half it automatically roll back it shuts down

i also runs compatibility of driver setup to install but i does not work for me

plz help me in this issue,it gives me a lot of problem

as now i have to use lan after sometime because me wifi driver after 20 min or 30 min does  not work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

okay, since you are desperate I feel bad for my snitty answer. I just hate HP products so much. They have so bad customer service and repair policy. I will never buy HP again.

SO, they do work sometimes and then after some time stop working? What is the error code in device manager?

Take it and google the problem. You have to track down the problem, see if it is hardware related or software.

It sounds like it would be faulty wifi module. 

If problem is indeed because of hardware, i suggest you to go for guarantee. Or buy another chip from ebay, they cost like 1-2dollars. Changing the chip is most likely similar process to chaging hard drive. Google it if you dont know how.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thanks for showing interested in the HP Support Forums!

Please make sure your router is plugged in to the power supply and power switch is in ON state. Your wireless network should be detected by your HP Product.

Thank you for your participation on HP Support Forums. For anymore queries, please open new thread and we will be more than happy to further assist you!

HP Recommended

i cheEverything is working properly except wlan driver it automatically shows red sign after sometime ,

plz plz plz help me

i have already tried drivers from hp website and i have also updated my windows but nothing worked for me

and i alredy checked my wifi router it working properly with other devices

i know there is aproblem in my device but don't know how to check it?? what's going wrong?? 

HP Recommended

okay, since you are desperate I feel bad for my snitty answer. I just hate HP products so much. They have so bad customer service and repair policy. I will never buy HP again.

SO, they do work sometimes and then after some time stop working? What is the error code in device manager?

Take it and google the problem. You have to track down the problem, see if it is hardware related or software.

It sounds like it would be faulty wifi module. 

If problem is indeed because of hardware, i suggest you to go for guarantee. Or buy another chip from ebay, they cost like 1-2dollars. Changing the chip is most likely similar process to chaging hard drive. Google it if you dont know how.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.