Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 13t-y000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I contacted HP Store about a pen to write on the Envy x360 13t-y000 CTO Touch Screen. Product # W8Q19AV & Serial # 5CD6482R7C received 12/2/2016. HP OEM installed Windows 10 64 bit and Office 365 Personal.

I want to "write" using a pen or stylus in Office 365 2016 OneNote. This is the reason I got a touch screen and 3-in-1 with a tablet position. I want to take handwritten notes in OneNote during meetings and classes.

HP Store recommended the Targus AMM01TBUS, HP SKU# JA12O3. Also bought Adonit Jot Pro, HP SKU# YP3969. I bougt both. They are Capacitive compliant.

I've tried using both devices to write in OneNote and "writing" using Edge writing tool. The lines are spotty and leave many blank spots on the screen and I have to write very slowly. I tried both devices in laptop and tablet positions. Also tried in tablet mode which didn't allow any "writing." Totally unsatisfactory.

Both work fine to touch bottons and icons on the screen but not writing on  screen.

In OneNote, I noticed my palm left a partial palm inpression on the screen. As I understand it, Capacitive technology avoids this from happening.

I've gone to Win 10 Personalization settings as a previous post back in Sept. 2016 suggested. I found nothing there related to this issue. Also, I checked Display settings. Nothing there. I searched Win  10 settings for "touch screen" and got no results.

I've searched the internet and I've learned different HP computers require different pens or stylus. Why won't one do???

I see three issues; (1) My Envy x360 13t screen may not have the required tecnnology to allow "writing" (2) I may not have the right pen or stylus - which I hope is the case - (3) I need to change a setting in  Win 10 or OneNote.

I've expended a lot of time and effort on  this problem. I hope HP Tech Support can solve this problem for me!!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Myers3

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you need a Writing Pen/Stlus for Touch Screen,

For starters, please ensure that your stylus is compatible with your notebook, click here for the compatibility list.

Here are a few suggestions from the experts of our community on compatible stylus: Click here for details.

If it's compatible and you only need assistance in using it: Click here for the user guide

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My Envy x360 135-y000 CT0 is not listed in the Pen/Stylus compatiblitiy list. Any more ideas? Like I said, HP Store recommended the Targus AMM01TBUS stylus and I bought an Adonit Jot Pro too. Neither works properly.

HP Recommended

@Myers3

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Myers3

Hi, did you manage to find out which pen/stylus works with your Envy x360?  I have the same model (HP ENVY x360 - 13t-y000 CTO), and am looking for a pen/stylus too, but seems like information on the web on this is quite limited, and so is the compatible list from HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.