Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same problem here. Just swapped a really bad ASUS ZenBook that lost SSD-contents every n'th boot against a ZBook that wont resume...

Tried all sorts of driver combinations - same bad result.

HP support wasn't any help so far either.

After crashed restarts eventlog shows:

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
  <EventID>41</EventID>
  <Version>3</Version>
  <Level>1</Level>
  <Task>63</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-08-01T13:08:11.855213600Z" />
  <EventRecordID>2654</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>baxsda</Computer>
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="BugcheckCode">275</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x17</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xffffe001312be540</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="SleepInProgress">4</Data>
  <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">130513720555668864</Data>
  <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

and

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-08-01T13:06:52.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>2614</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>baxsda</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="param1">0x00000113 (0x0000000000000017, 0xffffe001312be540, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)</Data>
  <Data Name="param2">C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP</Data>
  <Data Name="param3">080114-10421-01</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

HP Recommended

Hi,

i´ve got the same problem since 6 months now (running Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit).

I tried several different driver combinations (downloaded from HP, AMD and Intel), but no success. All the other drivers are up to date as well as the BIOS.

Unfortunately the problem is non-deterministic. Sometimes I can send the zBook to sleep without any problems,
but sometimes it just powers down completely while trying to enter the sleep mode (power LED is blinking randomly
for about 10 seconds, then the device is just switching off).

The bad thing is also that there is no entry in  the eventlog nor a crash dump file which could give a hint of what
exactly is causing the crash.

Any more ideas? Maybe you folks can post the versions of your driver combinations which are working?

One comment to the mentioned "manual" installation method of the drivers via Device Manager / driver update:

With regards to the AMD drivers this has the disadvantage,  that the "configure switchable graphics" settings are not available any more (context menu of the desktop).

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Same here. Is there a way to force Windows from not installing a driver for FirePro? I tried disabling the device but after few restarts the driver gets installed anyhow the issues is back.

HP Recommended

Did anyone try the new bios?, will that fix this?

HP Recommended

Not for me.

HP Recommended

me too, 1.12 version doesn't solve this issue

HP Recommended

I've finally fixed my sleep problems after a lot of trial and error.

I'm running Windows 8.1 PRO (64bit) fully updated (august 2014).

Drivers where installed using the "Device Manager" instead of using the installers includede therefore I do not have "Catalyst Control Center" installed. (The solution was tested on two different ZBook 14 with success).

1. Updated to the 01.12 bios using sp67162.exe

2. DOWNgraded the Intel GFX driver to 18.10.18.3316 using sp64154.exe (this is NOT the latest driver at HPs web)

- "Device Manager" -> "Intel(R) HD Graphics Family" -> "Update Driver..." -> "Browse my computer for driver software"

3. Upgraded AMD Firepro driver to 13.352.1006 using 13.352.1006-whql-firepro-windowsx32x64-hpmobile.zip which is currently the latest driver at AMDs web.

- "Device Manager" -> "AMD Firepro M4100 FireGL V" -> "Update Driver..." -> "Browse my computer for driver software"

4. Reboot and check "device manager". On one of the ZBooks a gfx card where disabled after the reboot and needed to be enabled manually, and the PC rebooted once more.

HP Recommended

Hi,

anyone got that fixed on Windows 7 64bit recently and could post the driver versions?

@Martin_HAmmer: Thanks for sharing this. Do you think that the problem was caused by the Intel or by the AMD driver?

Looks like it was Intel...

HP Recommended

@lamer305: I really don't know. And just as a follow up I did try to uninstall the AMD driver and then reinstalled it using the installer (to get the "Catalyst Control Center" up and running). But that did not work for me. Unfortunately when i removed the driver again (from "add remove programs") and installed using the device manager sleep was broken again...

After some attempts of removing drivers and reinstalling (using device manager) I did get it working again (I only used the drivers mentioned in my earlier post in all my attepts to get it working again!). So somehow I have a feeling that this setup is very "fragile" and might break in the future.

I have a theory (that I will only test if sleep breaks again) that if installing the "correct" drivers from my earlier post still not fixes sleep it might help to disable both GFX cards in device manger and then enabling them again - maybe the order of disabling/enabling may have some impact...

HP Recommended

I saw another solution which is similar to @Martin_HAmmer.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-business-class-notebooks/748452-zbook-14-sleep-mode-problems.html

Anyway I am downloading those drivers now and see whether it works. I will update soon.

Uninstall the Intel and AMD driver.

Then install this Intel driver. 
Version 10.18.10.3316
Reboot

Next install this AMD driver. 
Version 13.152.1.9002
Reboot.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.