Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Case ID:

ZBook 15 unable to leverage the NVidia K2100M graphics board with the primary display.

HP Recommended

I can´t open the case:

Case ID:

ZBook 15 unable to leverage the NVidia K2100M graphics board with the primary display

Could you post the answer, i´ve got the same problem. I can´t disable the Intel onboard graphics - because the display turns off then.

It would help, if I could switch the primary driver in DX11 to my k3100m on my zbook 17 - but I haven´t found this option, until now.

kind of regards

Robert Stefanowicz

Bytes & Building GmbH

Germany

HP Recommended

Have you tried going to the NVidia website and have it search for the proper drivers. We have seen that help the issue instead of using the ones that come already installed on the system.

HP Recommended

First I updated the system, including the system BIOS.

Second I set Bios>Advanced>Hybrid Graphics to "Disable"

Reboot

Might be some NVIDIA Control Panel settings I made, however I don't believe so.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your information !

We´ve got 3 Zbooks in our company - on 2 of them - we´ve disabled the HYBRID GRAPHICs - the´re fine.

But on mine, there is no option to Disable the HYBRID GRAPHICs.

I´ve tested    BIOS 1.06  - 1.07 and 1.08.

The ZBooks are the same, all settings are equal on all ZBooks

In what dependecy is this HYBRID GRAPHICs option to the other settings?

Thank you for your help!

See the attachments -  one with and one without the HYBRID GRAPHICs setting

HP Recommended

p1337

Please update the UEFI

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65305.exe

After reboot test the new drivers

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23885&keyword=iris&lang=eng

reboot

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?spf_p.tpst=swdMain&s...

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75464/en-us

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

HP Recommended

Did you manage to get this resolved.  We have 2 x Zbook 17 in the company, suposed to be the same, but the one have this option in the BIOS and the other dont.

Please let me know if you have a solutions for this.

Regards

Theo

HP Recommended

Hello, it seems that HP zBook 17 configured with Dreamcolor  display, have Optimus disabled by default, which explains why these systems doesn't have any setting in BIOS, it could be a similar situation at your place??

I have a couple of zBook 17 with Quadro K5100M at my lab both with dreamcolor, and neither of them have hybrid graphics setting in BIOS

Link – fine point # 34

Link – fine point # 13 page 5

HP Recommended

If a Zbook 15/17 has a 'dreamcolor' panel, then it will not support the Hybrid Graphics Mode, it will be NVIDIA Graphics only.

HP Recommended
I have a zbook 15u G3 with the Nvidia HD 520 and the AMD FirePro W4190M graphics cards. With the UHD dreamcolor panel. I cannot get the graphics to switch to the AMD FirePro card. My BIOS options is hybrid graphics or UMA graphics, no disable options. I have tried all options already mentioned in this thread. Any ideas?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.