Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z book 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have three ZBook 17 G3 that I cannot get a Thunderbolt dock installed correctly on. The first does not seem to want to install the thunderbolt driver, so that one's fun. The other two are having a different issue entirely.

I have read multiple threads here about similar issues, and none have offered a solution for my situation.

I have tried the latest BIOS, I have tried an older BIOS, I have downloaded the drivers and firmware(which won't install because it doesn't detect the dock)

Whenever I plug the dock in, Windows installs the drevices, but gets stuck and winds up with a "Base System Device" that it cannot find a driver for. I have tried three different docks, and three different cables. All have the exact same result.

Is there an obscure driver that I need to download to install that is not obvious in all of my searching?

Any questions or clarifications, I'm happy to respond.

-Keith

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

I see you are getting an error message and having trouble detecting the dock. Looks like you have tried some drivers and BIOS updates. Here is our WHitepaper that is updated with new drivers and procedures. I am also linking a troubleshooter link for this dock. Please have a look and see if there is something that we may be missing in order to detect this dock.

Whitepaper

Troubleshooter:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-zbook-dock-with-thunderbolt-3/11122586/document/c05060909/

I have seen a simlar problem of drivers not loading and it was caused by a Citrix client

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
HP Recommended

First of all, please try to set Thunderbolt Security level to "no security (SL0) in F10 Setup. And then please make sure to follow the steps in the following Customer Advisory. If you want to use SL1, you have to authorize to use the thunderbolt device under OS.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05178033

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.