Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ElitePad900
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

When i start the Tablet, i get two diferent error mesages.

1- Start pushing power button: 

Boot Device Not Found

Please Install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk (3F0)

F2 System Diagnostics (Doesn't work)

2- Start pushing power button + volume up(+)

SMC Comand Failure and turn the same screen error than 1

3- Start pushing power button + volume down(-)

Startup Menu with diferent options, but any of them works. Get the message

The HP BIOS application selected is corrupt or missing. Please install the application and try again.

BIOS Application Error (501)

Enter - Continue (Doesn`t work)

Then i downloaded the "sp71504.exe" file that is aviable in  HP Elitepad 900 System BIOS/Firmware and Driver Update, to try generate a USB Flash, but when i execute them on my computer (Windows 10), following the instructions in https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833#recover, but i get again two diferent mesages:

A pop up with "Error Executing the Specified Program" "C\SwSetup\SP71504\FDSetup.exe", and when i push "OK"

another window with "HP Elitepad 900 System BIOS/Firmware and Driver Update" "Unable to execute the specified command line!"

then i open the the folder that generate sp71504.exe on my computer (C:\swsetup\SP71504), and try execute FDSetup.exe with Administrator permission, and i can see a window that indicate this file is only for HP ElitePad 900.

So, the conclusion is, i can generate a USB Flash Recovery following the procedures than i find all over the HP support Webs.

Anybody could help, or indicate how restore as factory defaults my Hp Elitepad 900.

Thaks a lot!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.