cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BuckksBunny
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

can i use samsung ssd 120gb with hdd in this model is it compatible?

HP Recommended
HP 15-AC034TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want to upgrade my laptop from hdd to ssd keeping hdd as storage place can i do it in this model??

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BuckksBunny,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know if it was possible to upgrade your laptop from HDD to SSD keeping HDD as a storage place.

This motherboard of this model does not have this option. Hence, it is not possible.

You may check the printer specification in the link: Product Specifications

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,570 12,355 1,296 4,144
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello BuckksBunny

Rainbow is correct, you cannot have both inside your laptop case.

Although there are some models that you can replace the DVD drive with a hard drive caddy.

The HP parts surfer does not give details as to what DVD drive you have installed and you cannot always find a caddy that will fit your model.

You would have to investigate if yours will allow this or not.

But you could install a SATA SSD and put the old HDD in an external enclosure and connect it via a USB port.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-inch-External-Enclosure-Case/dp/B00H98AXOE

I am not sure if you will need a 9.5mm to 7mm adapter bracket.

Example: http://www.crucial.com---Compaq/hp-15-ac034tx

Good luck.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation