Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 11-v020nr
Chrome OS

I'm trying to connect my Durawaves Glow XL bluetooth speaker to my hp chromebook 11-v020nr and the connection fails every time. I have successfully connected the speaker to my phone so I know the speaker works. I've also tried a second, identical speaker but the chromebook won't connect to it either. The specs for both the chromebook and the speakers say they are Bluetooth 4.0.

Usually what happens is that I click on the speaker in the bluetooth list and the connection just fails. Sometimes a box will pop up with a series of numbers in it asking me to verify the numbers. The speaker has no display of any kind so there is no place to verify the number on the speaker so I just click accept on the box. After several seconds I get any authentication failed error message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@g_campbell

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you can't connect your Bluetooth speaker to the hp Chromebook,

Since you've already attempted the connectivity for your chrome device, you could check if it was according to this link: Click here,
If you've done all of it please attempt to fix the issue using the steps mentioned below: 

Can't connect:

1. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is supported and fully charged.
  2. On your Chromebook, turn off Bluetooth, then turn it back on.
  3. Move the Bluetooth device and your Chromebook closer together.
  4. Move your Bluetooth device away from other wireless devices and appliances.
  5. Close browser tabs and apps you're not using.

If Bluetooth still doesn't work, perform a power wash to reset PC settings to factory defaults: Click here for details.

If the issue persists, Contact HP for further assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.