Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
alchemis Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

clean factory reset to windows 10

zbook 15u g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

my laptop came stock with windows 7 64 bit professional in one of the partition, and also DVD.

and currently it's being upgraded to windows 10 64 bit.

i suspect due to the upgrade, the performance is really slow as it's meant for work.

are there anyway that i can get hold of how to restore it to windows 10 64 bit factory setup DVD?

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45215 4255 10765
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What exactly do you mean by the following statement?

"are there anyway that i can get hold of how to restore it to windows 10 64 bit factory setup DVD"

Once the upgrade is complete and you go online, the OS is activated and will remain so with an activation linked to your Microsoft account.

You can download the media creation tool from Microsoft and perform a clean install.

Follow th tutorial located at the following web page.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-media-creation-tool-create-installation-media-upgrade

Windows drivers for your notebook are available from the following HP web page. Have you verified that the drivers are installed? Check in the Device Manager.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-15u-g2-mobile-workstation/7152802

You can say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
alchemis Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

what i mean was anywhere i can download the windows 10 restore DVD ? for my particular laptop model instead of using windows 7 restore DVD then upgrading it to windows 10 over the internet.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45215 4255 10765
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No. Unfortunately, there isn't one available.

You have two cost-free options since the originally installed OS was Windows 7.

1) Reinstall Windows 10 after upgrading or reinstall Windows 7.

2) Install a variant of Linux.

You can say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation