Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion dv3510nr, 64-bit with built-in Bluetooth running Windows 7.  I have turned off the Wireless Assistant Bluetooth and disable the Broadcom Bluetooth in the Device Manager, but it keeps turning itself back on.  How do I disable it in the BIOS?  Please be specific as I'm not real computer literate.  Tech support from the software company that the Bluetooth was interfering with instructed me to ask you how to do this.

Thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

For HP consumer notebook, AFAIK, there is no option to turn off Bluetooth in BIOS.

Usually, Wireless Asistant should do the job, no need to disable it in device manager.

I noticed your shipped OS is Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 1, which Win7 driver are you using?

Try to uninstall the current bluetooth and wireless asistant from device manager, try driver below

1. Bluetooth driver sp44774.exe, (1/1 , 57.81M)

Prerequisites
- User must be logged in as the administrator. - Bluetooth Module must be enabled and powered on. - Microsoft Windows 7 Bluetooth Bus Enumerator and Bluetooth Stack must be installed. - HP Wireless Assistant is required for device control via software.

2. HP wireless Asistant, sp45222.exe, (1/1 , 4.02M)

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

Wireless Assistant - the one I have loaded is what you referenced below, sp45222.exe.  I don't know which one I had exactly when I had Vista Home Premium (whatever came on the system), but it did the same thing as now.  I have turned off the bluetooth in wireless assistant, and it will stay off for for a few boots, but then it comes on again.  Turning it off in Device Manager does the same thing, turns it off for a few boots but then it turns itself back on (seems to come on quicker now, though).

As far as your other recommendation, that will take some research on my part, but I will try it and let you know if that works.

The bluetooth device that the built-in bluetooth is interferring with is a Blue Soleil dongle that hooks a court reportering writer to the laptop wirelessly.

Again, thanks for the advice.  I'll try anything at this point.

HP Recommended

Probably you have hardware conflict (Broadloom Bluetooth and BlueSoleil dongle).

Uninstall BlueSoeil driver and software.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended
Blue Soliel came with $5,000 piece of equipment (Stenograph Diamante stenograph writer) I use to earn a living, and the manufacturer of the product does not support any Bluetooth connection other than what came with it, including built-in Bluetooth.  They're the ones who told me to contact HP and ask them how to turn off the built-in Bluetooth in bios.
HP Recommended

If it is an expensive one, try to uninstall internal bluetooth driver.

______

HP Recommended
How do I know which driver that is, and where do I find it?  Why can't I or shouldn't I disable the Bluetooth in the bios, which leads me back to my original question:  How do I disable the Bluetooth in the bios?
HP Recommended

Workaround on how to disable bluetooth without using BIOS setting.

Try tris steps

1. Use Wireless Assistant, --> disable bluetooth.

2. Uninstall Bluetooth in control panel --> Programs and Features --> choose Widcomm Bluetooth software, it might ask you to restart, but choose NO.

3. Uninstall Wireless Assistant --> Programs and Features --> choose HP wireless Assistant, restart.

After restart, Vista may/may not ask you to install Bluetooth driver, if it does choose NO, and not to prompt it again.

For HP consumer notebook, AFAIK, there no option to disable bluetooth internal module, or try find that setting by entering BIOS.

______

HP Recommended
Thanks.  I'll give it a try and let you know.  I get tired of disabling the Bluetooth in Device Settings every 2 or 3 days.  Wireless Assistant is off for the Bluetooth, but somehow it just keeps turning back on.
HP Recommended

I have had no success in disabling, uninstalling (and staying uninstalled), or turning off (and staying off) the built-in Broadcom bluetooth.  Is there a way I can uninstall the entire built-in bluetooth system rather than just the driver, or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.