Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I was trying to restore my computer and I keep getting an error. ChkErrBB.CMD: Detect some error during PININST_BBV. I have made sure the Sufi is turned on and tryed the ctr-alt-del at the error message but it wont open the task manager so I can end the setup process. I have tried to restore the machine like 6 times.
Computer is a dv4-1551dx using factory restore disk. On a side note I have restored successfuly before with the same disk about a year ago.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I'm actually having the same exact issue on my dv6-6135dx.  I've never run the repair before but this is the error I keep getting.  I had to repair bc I wanted to partition my hard drive to run linux as dual boot.  Somewhere along the lines I managed to mess it up. When I got the recovery disc, I install and keep running into this.  Tried about 4 times.  

Any solutions or help at all?

HP Recommended

Hey, i was having the same error as you have been having and i called hp and got a great answer.  This is the whole truth and nothing is left out: the reason you are getting this error or any error after it (like i got 3 lines of errors all relating to the C: drive and installation) is because of 2 things:  1)your computer is damaged in some way or 2)one of the disks is broken, scratched, etc.  The hp guy said that it broke down into a 90/10%-90% is that something is wrong with the cd's and 10% is that there is something wrong with the computer.  He said that if this ever happens you should contact hp and that they will send you a new disk-meaning that it is 1 disk or up to 3(like what i had to do)I hope this helps.

-Austin Brown

HP Recommended

I have the same issue any ansear

HP Recommended

I see everyone is having the same problem, and HP Tech Support is no help at all.  Here is how you fix it. When you boot up your computer hit F10 that will take you to the BIOS manager. then hit F9 to set BIOS to factory default save and exit then do recovery.  Worked for me and it only took me 3 weeks to figure it out lol.

HP Recommended

Resetting the BIOS to factory defaults worked for me also. That makes no sense, the error log from the failed first restore attempt showed that there was an issue installing the SATA controller driver.

Not sure I would have tried that, thanks Ohickman!

HP Recommended
Okie... Now what if you had flashed the bios to a new version prior to arriving at this error point.

Naaaaaaaawwwwww
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.