Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV4-1580BR
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I made a recovery pendrive of my dv4-1580br in a sandisk cruzer edge 16gb and it occupied a 13gb, but now when I choose to boot it does not boot the pendrive !!! ??? And the system does not let me create another recovery media and now what do I do? My original 500gb hard disk is physically defective and I need to replace it and I want to reinstall the system in new hd, how do I create this again? How does a recovery program transfer the recovery image and does not send the boot to the usb flash disk, what is the logic? And because it only lets you create it once, and if the dvds or the flash drive give a problem and I can not reinstall the original system?

why i am break this feature to create only once recovery, I need to make another usb flash disk and I can do recovery 10 times he will always say that a media has already been created once, I want to know where this information is in recovery and how can I change, I need urgently to create another usb boot  or set of dvds.

wait for help :smileyembarrassed:

Marcelo - Brazil

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The method as described in the following thread does work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/This-is-how-to-make-a-2nd-set-of...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

hi,

my computer does not have any of this files >

1) Delete the file RMCStatus.bin (hidden) from two places:

•   C:\Program Files(x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery Manager\ ( my folder is C:

\Arquivos de Programas\(x86)\Hewllet Packard\Recovery and not have this file and  2) Remove Rebecca.dat ( hidden) from:

• C:\Windows\System32\  ( does not exist on my folder )
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.