Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp mini 110

Please my hp mini 110 show  enter current password i don't know for password 

S/N (removed content)

Thank you so much (ขอบคุณครับ)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@athai7369

Enter    e9lo7ugg5g    ( 3rd character is a lower case L )

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@athai7369

Enter    e9lo7ugg5g    ( 3rd character is a lower case L )

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

it work thank you so much 

when i restart window my com has show enter current password 

i can remove it?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

You can remove the need for a power on password as follows - use the code from my previous post where necessary.

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as soon as you press the power button to access the Start-up menu and then select f10 to enter the Bios menu.  Use the arrow keys to highlight the Security tab and hit enter.  Use the arrow keys again to highlight power on password and hit enter.  Enter the current password ( use the code in my previous post ) and then for the new password, just leave this blank and hit enter - do the same for the confirmation field.  Press f10, select to save the new settings and hit enter.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

thank you thank you 

HP Recommended
Hi! My hp mini 110 is giving me the same problem asking for a CURRENT password with a black screen, can you please help me?
CNU9225W98
Model # 110-1030NR
P/n VA714UA#ABA
If you need any more info let me know, thanks again
HP Recommended

HI @chelesapierson,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Mini Notebook and issues with passwords. Here is a link to a thread you might want to look at.

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts! 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
It won't let me do anything or open task manager, it keeps asking for the current password even when I hit ctrl+shift+escape & I don't have a process tab, my whole screen is black beside the "Enter current password:"
Any advice helps, thanks for your time and pointers!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Reboot the notebook.

At the password screen, enter:   e9lo77qdou    ( 3rd character is a lower case L )

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Awesome! It worked, much thanks!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.