Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have gone to the link, and downloaded the information to a USB drive.  I am now installing windows, and it says a media driver your computer needs is missing.  Did anyone else have that challenge?  Is there a driver I can download or is this the same challenge as to why Windows 10 wouldn't download to begin with?

HP Recommended

Hi , here the solution to upgrade to windows 10 from "windows update"

If you have this message :

intel (R) Graphics Media accelerator

"the display manufacturer has not made ​​the display is compliant with windows 10"

In my case of course (hp envy x2)

This is my system information , but could works in others brand with intel atom Z2760

If you want see your pc properties  , go to "run" and write  "dxdiag" and enter

In system secction:

micase1.jpg

In screen secction

1. You should be sure , your version driver controller graphics is 9.14.3.1177 

if you have it , next to step 2.

screen.jpg

if not have that version Just , open device manager found Intel graphics media accelerator (right click) and update driver.

actualizar.jpg

2. open "run" and write "regedit" and enter

Search in registers page:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade]

If not exist, create it.

In right screen (right click and new)

Create a new DWORD (32-bit) file  and Name your new file as:

AllowOSUpgrade

and set the Value = 1  hexadecimal

registro.jpg

and its all !!!

Open Windows update and search upgrades 

and Voilá

installer.jpg

Remember save this link before start upgrade , btw.

P.d Sorry about my english , i´m mexican lol . 

Hugs 

Jary

in my case it works , and I am not responsible for the changes you make

HP Recommended

I tried to download the Lenovo driver but got a message stating that my system does not meet the minimum requirements to install the driver. Now what?

HP Recommended
If you're installing Windows 10 from a USB device and you get a message about missing "media drivers" or similar, try the following:

1. Exit/cancel the install (or restart).

2. At the very initial screen with the big "install now" button, unplug and then reinsert your USB boot device.

You should now be able to complete the install without and further media or file not found type of errors,

Note: The above also applies to Windows 7/8/8.1. Same fix works across all USB-bootable Windows installers.

RCK
HP Recommended

I did this trick twice and I still get the message of "A media driver your computer needs is missing"  I verified the most up to date driver was installed prior to the attempted update.  And I added the RegKey, "allowOSupdate"  Anything else I can try?

Cheers,

Jeff

HP Recommended

So glad I found this forum so I don't waste any more time trying to get the upgrade to work at the moment.  Hopefuly a new driver will be out soon.  I'm not going to muck around with possible solutions as the upgrade to Win 10 can go wrong - my husband's HP Phoenix got bricked and needed to buy a new hard drive and OS.

Feeling your pain about the Envy 2 digitizer pen but I can recomend the MS Surface Pro 3 and its pen - both lush!

HP Recommended

How do we get HP to comment on this thread and make a statement about whether they will be upgrading the driver?

HP Recommended

I totally agree with you. Hope HP do something about this fast!

HP Recommended

Tnx for nice solution, I got Win10!!!

HP Recommended
Seems like they updated the driver now.
Yesterday I got the windows 10 update automatically in the normal way.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.