Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello there,

this has been upgraded to 8.1 after I bought the computer... anyway:

I was on the internet but also typing on a word document on the computer... when all of a sudden the page started to scroll down the length of the five page document to the end and then it just 'froze', and I couldn't get any response. or find the arrow...  I left it for a while but nothing would work

I've never experienced this before, I tried esc, and after some time decided to switch off.

pressed the start button but the screen would only highlight a little, it wouldn't do the usual start up.

I pressed the F12 button, and the display showed 'hard disk error' - Hard Disk 2 (3F2)

F2 system diagnostics

completed the tests: Failure ID: PLV608-6B08HX-MFPX0K-620Q03

Product ID: C1W54E#ABU

this is a small hard drive of 1GB - (thank goodness not my main hard drive)

and I think it's something to do with 'Intel rapid Start Technology' as that dialogue box came up as not enabled, when I managed to boot the system eventually.

guess this can't be repaired and will need to buy that part, can you guys advise from where please.

I'm based in the UK... Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Remove the serial number and post the Product Number or Model number of your laptop...sleekbook what? And we can walk you through hard drive replacement and see the specs we are working with. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

The test error/code shows that the secondary drive has failed and you will need to replace it.

What is this 1 GB HDD ? How old is this ? Don't you mean 1 TB ?

Do you know how to replace it or you need assistance with this ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Huffer

this is what I have as follows:-

Product Name:  HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14PC

Serial No:  SCD24347ZH

Product no: C1W54EA#ABU

Operating system: Windows 8.1 64-bit

HP Recommended

Here is the Service manual:

Manual

See p. 63 for the secondary hard drive or mSATA mSSD acceleration drive. and p. 47 for the main hard drive. 

I agree with @IT_WinSec. This is a failure of the mSATA mSSD. Unfortunately it is a major task to get to it and remove and replace it. Requires removal of the motherboard. 

The mSATA disk will be formatted to accelerate the main hard drive. You can live without it but performance will be slower. The 1 gig you are seeing is likely just a partition on one of the drives. 

Post back if you need more help. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Hello IT_WinSec

1. yes

2, that is exactly as detailed on my system: hard drive 2 - 1 GB  - no I don't mean 1 TB - and bought in a sale brand new in 2015.

3. I have someone in mind to replace it.

I just need confirmation on whether I could repair it first before buying a new part(s) or would I need to replace the whole Hard Drive system... as I have a feeling the whole system will crash eventually

HP Recommended

Hello Huffer,

the only difference I find , is I have to boot the system to work where as initially it worked itself... 

once I've gained access to the computer, I'm able to work as usual online and access all my documents/downloads as per usual.

the Hard drive that isn't working is: ATA SAMSUNG SATA SSD

Firmware version: CXM12H1Q

1 GB 

many thanks for the manual too

HP Recommended

@richoche1 wrote:

I just need confirmation on whether I could repair it first before buying a new part(s) or would I need to replace the whole Hard Drive system... as I have a feeling the whole system will crash eventually

Hi,

Thank you for the clarifications. This along with all the information posted already confirms the faulty point.

No, you cannot repair it. Faulty componets like these are replaced with new ones. It's good this is not your main storage device.

How to get it replaces can be found in the manual posted already by @Huffer

or you find it too difficult, bring the PC to a PC repair center.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.