Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I finally FRIGGIN fixed this.

It is still a little bugyy (I can't seem to adjust the settings for the extended monitor), but the switchable graphics work, and my external display works!

I just downloaded the leshcats driver from: http://leshcatlabs.net/downloads_unfil/

The guys at leshcatlabs helped me out when I upgraded to windows 8 and they did it again.

Make sure you install both the intel and graphics card applications from their respective folders.

HP Recommended

Hi Guys

I managed to crack this HDMI display issue finally after trying everything under the sun... 😞 

At last, I downloaded the 'Radeon Software Edition - Crimson Beta' directly from AMD's website. :generic:

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/enhanced-media/radeon-software 

Thanks AMD. It took 5 months to figure this out.

HP Recommended

The precise website address for download is http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64 

My graphics driver was Radeon HD 5000 Series.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC, WW961PA#ABG, 

HP Recommended

Thanks in advance for the info you've already provided.

I've just upgrade accidently to Win 10 on my HP Pavilion dm4 notebook.

Where do you find the "10-bit pixel format support" you mention in the AMD Catalyst Control Center  ?

I've gone through the options down the left, and tried to search on the screen, but without any luck.

Cheers !   Joe K

HP Recommended

I've been having the same problem with My HP once I upgraded to windows 10. Loading the windows 7 drivers worked for a day, but then the machine started crashing. I restored it back to an earlier time, and just bought a USB video graphics adaptor. The display is just as clear as before (VGA was a lot clearer than HDMI. I'm sure I had a setting wrong, but I didn't want to spend time looking at it), and the best part is you can setup many displays using the device. You are not limited to just two.  I bought mine on Amazon for $39. I didn't even need to install the drivers. Window 10 did everything very fast. I right click on the background to get to display settings, so could place the new display where I wanted it. Easy Easy Easy!!!!

Just google:

Plugable USB 2.0 to VGA / DVI / HDMI Video Graphics Adapter for Multiple Monitors up to 1920x1080 (Supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP) 

HP Recommended
Spoiler
SOLVED Re: hdmi not working after upgrade to windows 10

I've been having the same problem with My HP once I upgraded to windows 10. Loading the windows 7 drivers worked for a day, but then the machine started crashing. I restored it back to an earlier time, and just bought a USB video graphics adaptor. The display is just as clear as before (VGA was a lot clearer than HDMI. I'm sure I had a setting wrong, but I didn't want to spend time looking at it), and the best part is you can setup many displays using the device. You are not limited to just two.  I bought mine on Amazon for $39. I didn't even need to install the drivers. Window 10 did everything very fast. I right click on the background to get to display settings, so could place the new display where I wanted it. Easy Easy Easy!!!!

Just google:

Plugable USB 2.0 to VGA / DVI / HDMI Video Graphics Adapter for Multiple Monitors up to 1920x1080 (Supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP) 

HP Recommended
SOLVED Re: hdmi not working after upgrade to windows 10

Just google:

HP Recommended

I have a Paviion dv7(Canada,eh model) and the Beta driver fixed it finally! No Help from HP!

Just check that your Chip set is good for the software. It is a long installation and it will restart itself after the installation.

Thanks for the link and thank you AMD.

HP Recommended

DATE: 15-APR-2016
MY LAPTOP: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC / PRODUCT# WN654AV / Windows 10 Home 64-bit
DISPLAY ADAPTER: AMD MOBILITY RADEON HD 5000 SERIES

PROBLEM FACED: NO HDMI OUTPUT TO MY HDTV AND FULL HD PROJECTOR

SOLUTION:
INSTALLED "Radeon Software Crimson Edition Betal REV# Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta" (non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27.exe) from AMD site
(http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64).

I ALMOST DECIDED TO RESTORE MY OLD WIN-7 BUT THIS LAST RESORT RESOLVED MY PROBLEM, LET ME KNOW IF IT IS OF ANY HELP.

HP Recommended

I had the same urge as you! After installing Windows 10 in August, I am back to normal.

Have a great day everyone.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.