Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Catalyst Control Center doesn't work if it doesn't recognise your device/drivers.

HP Recommended

Ah, so you guys aren't even able to install the drivers from AMD's site? If that's the case, then it doesn't look good. I believe AMD just flat out will not support some older cards for W10.

HP Recommended

Same problem with HP Pavilion dv7-4083cl

I cound't find any way to make Windows 10 to use the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. Therefore, the HDMI output does not work at all.
In the BIOS there is no way to disable the Intel card to make the ATI card always active.

Is there any way to make this work?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I think we've come full circle back to our first posts on this subject ---

"Checked and they haven't issued newer drivers. I think that is what everyone who is posting here is complaining about? Your solution is relevant (you saw new drivers for your machine) for you but your problem isn't what everyone here is experiencing.... NO UPDATED DRIVERS. If there were updated drivers at HP, no one here would probably be searching for them. That's why so many here are pleading for a solution that is relevant to THIS problem. No updated drivers."

Most of us need   "... Drivers and an updated Catalyst posted  via HP Update/WIndows Update/AMD Update. Anything, the rest of us are waiting for one of these three to address and resolve the issue. " 

but alas, my epthany

The software is FREE -- we never promised anyone your OEM would support with updated drivers.  Yuck Yuck!

HP Recommended

Thanks Dmat, In the catalyst centre, where could I find that option of 10 bit MP and turn it off. I never changed anything in catalyst center so far.

HP Recommended

Same for me. But I get HDMI audio. No video.

HP Recommended

10-bit pixel format support should be in in the "Advanced" section under "AMD Radeon Configuration." Not sure if everyone has this in their Catalyst Control Center though. But turning this one messed with my HDMI connection, and then subsequently turning it off fixed it again.

HP Recommended

My pavilion dv6 also lost HDMI, interestingly It will work on the Vega socket but it appears to be a little bit unstable, same as everyone else's problem began after upgrade to windows 10, checked for updates ATI Mobility Radeon Premium graphics Direct11, and advised has latest updates installed by intel.

Me too looking for a fix, it is very frustrating and Vega socket is clumsy and seems to have some difficulty connecting to my HD TV after selecting each option one must remain patient to see which  one will work, FIX PLEASE 🙂

HP Recommended

Dv7 4083cl here.  AMD seem to have a beta version out but it doesn't look like it's meant to replace the HD5xxx series, rather only up to the HD7xxx series among several others. So HP and AMD I guess are both to blame here. Anyone have luck with theirs? 

HP Recommended

strange that HP website now shows drivers posted in August for my dv6-3240ca.

however these are still for windows 7.

nothing for windows 10.

it appears that HP added some sort of WHQL information to old windows 7 drivers.

am still on windows 7.

just dont want to lose my htpc which is all this laptop is to me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.