Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just purchased an Envey Laptop. How can I confirm how much SSD memory it has?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Not sure I understand. If you mean can you see if it has a mSATA or mSSD drive go to computer right click and select manage and then disk management open it up and let us know what it shows. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your prompt response.

Attached is a screen capture of what I get folloing your instructions displaying disk management.

I can't recognize anything that should represent the build in 24GB of SSD memory. Please advise .

Thanks,

Rudi

HP Recommended
In use the SSD combines with the main hard drive. Do you have an Intel Rapid Storage program on the computer? If so open it and see if it shows the SSD

HP Recommended
Intel Rapid Start I mean
HP Recommended

Thanks, that did it, it shows a ssm memory from Liteonit, I presume that is the manufacurer.

Related question, I understand that the SSD memory is used to run the OS. I presume that mean that the OS or part of it is laded into SSM? and if yes when I am ready to reinstall my OS, which I do every 3 years or so to speed up my computer, how I know which part of the OS to load into SSM?

Thanks in advance,

Rudi

HP Recommended

It just handles it. There is nothing for you to set as far as that is concerned. Intel Rapid Start moves the files that are accessed most frequently onto the SSD for fast access and it changes on the fly.

HP Recommended

Thank you!!, that answers my question for now.

Regardfs,

Rudi

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.