Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After my wife had the laptop out of the house today, I plugged it back in and the screen brightness is very dim...like what it looks like when the power cord is not in...usually, when I plug the cord back in, the screen becomes brighter...that has stopped. Any ideas to fix?

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Here are some common ways to adjust the brightness.

Open windows Control Panel, open Windows Mobility Centre and adjust the brightness here.

On a lot of notebooks, tapping f3 will often increase the brightness ( with f2 reducing it ).

Open windows Control Panel, open Power Options, click Change Plan Settings next to your selected power plan and you can adjust the brightness here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I had this problem on my HP and finally sorted it out. I think the cat did it.

From your desktop, hold the fn button-( down on bottom left side of keyboard) and look at the function keys( you know- f1 through f12)

Still holding the fn button down, tap several times on the f button that has the sun icon plus the up arrow- on my HP, it was f10.

Don't worry that nothing changes yet- you must now restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

HP Recommended

That is **bleep**ing stupid you should take it in

HP Recommended
Thanx bro , finally I found the keys to adjust the brightness level......thankkkkk uuuu
HP Recommended
How to reduce the brightness in my HP mini laptop. Or let me know the short cut.
HP Recommended

This advice helped me brighten my dim screen! Thank you so much David, You are a life saver ❤️ 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.