Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
My left mouse key popped off,how can I fix it?
HP Recommended

I was finally able to fix the problems with both the touchpad not responding after a sleep period and with my office network connection not letting me connect to the internet.

I reset the computer to factory settings and then installed all HP updates and Windows 8 updates. That seems to have taken care of of the fixable problems. They only two still remaining are note being able to get a digital stylus for it and the low sound level output.

The stylus I cannot do anything about but the sound level I helped by installing DXF audio and purchasing a Bluetooth speaker with a headphone jack in it. It gives my all the sound I need.

Heather

HP Recommended

My touchpad won't turn off!  I do not want it disabled on start up... It's way too sensitive and I need  to be able to click it off when i type.  

Just this message alone was deleted several times!!!

HP Recommended

I have diuble clicked on the top left of the touch pad, but the cursor still will not work on my HP Pavilion touch screen lap top.

Can you suggest some other fix?

HP Recommended
Wow, apparently this is quite the common issue. I consider myself pretty tech saavy...with both mac and pc. This is just BAD DESIGN. If people who actually work in tech support (for a cell phone company, like me) and have been good at troubleshooting computers and other technology all their lives can accidentally hit this off button and not realize it, then not be able to figure out how to turn it back on without doing a google search, you've got problems. Whoever designed this at HP did not take this on a test drive, at least not with a diverse enough test market. If this drove me nuts, imagine the person who can barely turn on a computer...would you want to take that call as a tech support phone rep? HP has a long way to go all around...
HP Recommended

This worked fine 2 seconds and it was fixed

HP Recommended

Sorry but I have a HPEnvy X2. On my touch pad there is a small rectangle in the upper left corner of the pad. If I double click it the pad will turn off. When I double click again the pad turns back on.

Make sure you check you F keys. Some times the mouse can be toggled on and off with a Function key. For example on mine F12 turns the wireless on and off.

The only other suggestion I have would be to go to the Device Manager and uninstall the Pad Driver then re-boot the computer. This should allow the system to see the pad and install the driver for it. When it does the the pad should be turned on.

If you have Windows 8 you can use the search window. Type Device Manager and select it. "Look for Mice and other pointing devices."

HP Recommended

Help I need to know how to trun my touch pad/mouse back on for my new HP tablet laptop?

HP Recommended

i sent my laptop to acer to replace my top cover , when it returned the touch pad and clickers would not operate,i know theres a code to type for restoration

HP Recommended

,MY MOUSE HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN WORKS WHEN IT WANTS. WHAT DO I DO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.