Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 440 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do not need or want the HP Password Manager, yet every time I open a site with FireFox a popout window says I have to get the FireFox password addon in order to use the HP Password Manager. I don't want either one. How to I turn the stupid thing off?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @SAuser

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

I understand you would like to remove HP Password Manager.

It is part of of software collection known as HP Client Security.

HP Client Security is free set of applications and comes preinstalled on HP business class notebooks like yours. It provides extra security features.

If you do not want to use it, it's recommended that you open HP Client Security  HP_Protect.PNG

and review the password manager options

HP_Client_security.png

or open Firefox addons section [about:addons] -> Extensions and see if you can disable it from there.

If the above does not help, you may consider uninstalling HP Client security. It is useful software but is not mandatory to use.

There are certain things you SHOULD do before uninstalling HP Client Security.

HP Client Security often comes in combination with HP Drive Encryption software.

If your disk is currently encrypted by this software, you should first open HP Client Security -> click on Drive Security and follow the on-screen instructions to DECRYPT the HDD. Note that this is generally slow process and may take several hours or more depending your the amount of your HDD and your PC specifications.

You may also check if you have preboot authentication enabled. Open the HP Client Security home page -> click on the wheel Settings button -> Security Features and check there is no tick next to Power-On Authentication

With regards to HP Client Security and HP Drive Encryption, here are some screenshots with regards to these suggestions >>

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AEyZq_GEDdnNQnE&id=73EA0FA259008E8!107&cid=073EA0FA259008E8

Finally, please restart your computer (restart, not shutdown + start again)

Eventually, attempt to uninstall HP Client Security using the standard method from Control Panel >> Programs and features

You will need to uninstall all extra security programs, as well such as Password Manager, Drive Encryption , etc....

Please, let me know how it goes. Provide feedback / let me know how it goes or if you face issues.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I had previously seen the suggestion in the forum to do what you are now suggesting. I got the same screen with the "1" in the yellow triangle in the upper right corner of "Password Manager". Unfortunately, left or right-clicking the box did not give any options for Password Manager, nor any options anywhere else on the page. Fortunately, somewhere else I saw a suggestion about renaming the primary program of Client Security and that has accomplished my purpose. Now if I can just keep HP from reversing that action with one of their automatic updates.

I do not understand why HP would not provide a readily accessible option to run off specific features of their add-on software.

HP Recommended

yes, that's true.

i love the finger print feature but HATE the password manager.

the problem is, if you check the option to never ask again it ignores this option.

every f*cking time it pops up the window 😞

HP Recommended

is the disable of hp password manager require computer reboot?

HP Recommended

The continuous request is a really really annoying pop up. And it has no "ignore"option. I think I"ve managed to turn it off, but only after a day cursing the stupid popup.

HP Recommended

I tried to follow your advise - to open HP Client Security and review the password manager options. But HP Client Security was not installed on my computer and it now started to ask me questions to install itself. Why install a software just to turn off the bubble? Isn't there a simple registry setting I can change just to kill the bubble? I would recommend to add a checkbox in the bubble "Don't ask this again".

HP Recommended

This annoying popup is just plain stupid, please fix this HP, and better test your bloatware apps before putting them on premium price sold computers!

HP Recommended

Wish HP would respond with a method to shut off the pop ups in Password Manager.

HP Recommended

I keep killing that annoying bubble 10-20 times every day. Does HP understand that this is a good reason for me to avoid buying HP computers and to recommend my friends to do the same? And do they understand that fixing this may do the opposite - showing that HP is a company that cares about problems that they cause their usera and are eager to fix them? Everybody can make mistakes, but you are judged by how you handle them.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.