cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kelvinsmingus
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

hp-15 f211wm WHAT CAN I UPGRADE?

HP Recommended
hp-15 f211wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello, I'm very new at upgrading. I love my laptop and I'm into video editing. I use Adobe premiere pro cc 2017 and my hp-15 f211wm surprisingly runs it! But when I start adding more clips, layers and effects the play back becomes laggy. I just have the basic out of the box specs. Never upgraded but would love to! What all can be upgraded on this model??
If so what specific part #'s would I need?
Sorry for being a n00b.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
GBL84
Level 10
4,161 4,158 563 1,310
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Kelvinsmingus,

You may upgrade the Memory and the Harddrive to SSD.

Your PC will support upto 8GB of RAM.

8 GB memory module Part number :693374-001

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-PC3-12800-KTH-X3CL-8G/dp/B00D74FQ0U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qi...

See here for SSD Upgrade : https://www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.uk/laptop/hp-compaq/hp-compaq-pavilion-15-f211wm-laptop

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,643 12,405
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is not so much on this model that is easily upgradeable.  I chose an Intel Core i3 processory as a minimum processor requirement when we purchased one of these for our 16 y/o last year.

The Celeron processor is integrated into the systemboard and not a socketed replaceable part and thus, not upgradeable.

There is only one memory slot that is accessible to you as the owner.  Upgrading memory for this notebook requires quite a bit of disassembly. Kingston memory sells modules  and SSD products that are 100% Guaranteed to be compatible with your notebook.

https://www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.uk/laptop/hp-compaq/hp-compaq-pavilion-15-f211wm-laptop

The existing 2.5" SATA (legacy) hard disk can be upgraded to a 2.5"  SATA SSD.  Kingston Memory also sells them. See the web document in the previous link I provided.

I would consider upgrading to a notebook with a processor that has more power instead of adding upgrade parts that, in cost, approach half the current value of the notebook.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation