Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook

hi team, i like to install my new laptop windows 7 64 bit. i tried to mount my usb enabled enabled OS. it shows "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." <Browse> <OK> <Cancel>" please tell me
1. this model doesnt compatible the windows 7
2. if not what is the solution to do this

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the following solution

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/no-drivers-for-hp-pavilion-15-au...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The model is compatible with windows 7. The windows installation disk is missing USB 3.0 drivers. So either you have to see if it is possible to remove the usb 3.0 settings in BIOS or insert the USB 3.0 drivers into the installation media. You can create the new media using the small app provide by intel for their NUCs.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Read the pdf file for instructions.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

it sas no possiblities to istall the widow  7 on my laptop. isn't it?

HP Recommended

@Nuke_infer wrote:

it sas no possiblities to istall the widow  7 on my laptop. isn't it?

Hi,

Have you read other post ? You CAN install Windows 7 but to get it up and running please look at other post again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

please tell me then how to upgrade the USB driver without installing the os. how to i boot the USB for upgrade the USB driver. this is iam confused.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.