Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp split x2 keyboard is not working. The lights on the keyboard are on and the mouse pad works, the problem is that when i start typing, nothing. It doesn't want to get any key. I tried ejecting it from the docking station and reattach it but still the same. I tried restarting the computer again and nothing.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @0yolanda

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the keyboard is not working on the computer.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• When was the last time the keyboard was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While I wait for answers, I recommend you to check whether the filter keys are turned on. If yes, then turn it off and check whether that resolves the problem. Here is how it is done.

1. Click Start → Control Panel → Ease of Access Center.
  2. Click “Make the keyboard easier to use”.
  3. Un-check the box labeled “Turn on FilterKeys”.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The keyboard was working fine about three weeks ago. No hardware or software changes. I did perform some trouble shooting steps before posting this. I did what you suggested and nothing. Yeasterday, I was usinig it as a tablet for a while and then when I reattached it, it started to work again but today when startd to use it again it was not working anymore.

HP Recommended

Hi @0yolanda

Thank you for information.

I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2oYlKB6

Let me know how it goes

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed the steps and it did not work.  When i was pressing the esc key tje start up meni did not open. I also tried uninstalling  and reinstalling the keyboard software and nothing. Still does not work. Should i try doing the Testing for hardware failures (windows 10, 😎 diagnostic?

(sorry, I accidently pressed the accepted solution  tab).

HP Recommended

Hi @0yolanda

I recommend you to update the bios of your computer from the below link and check. 

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

If the issue persists, I recommend you to run a test on the keyboard to make sure it is not a hardware issue.

http://hp.care/2oFvgJj

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It seemes that the keyboard started to work but if i move the screen or close the laptop and open it back, the keyboard stops working. I have to move the screen back and forth until the caps button can turn on and off, then it starts to work again.

HP Recommended

Hi @0yolanda,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Brilliant effort and great troubleshooting coupled with a superb diagnosis of the issue. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 As @The_Fossette is out of office today, I am responding on his behalf. You've hit the nail on its head. The keyboard does not work because the contacts or connectors that communicate with the keyboard is establishing intermittent connection or communication with the keyboard when it is locked. So when the screen is moved back and forth it suddenly establishes a connection and begins to work.

This is a hardware issue with the keyboard. The keyboard controllers on the HP split x2 or the connectors on the keyboard could be faulty. So the x2 needs to be serviced. I request you to contact Hp phone support to get the unit serviced by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

A workaround would be is to connect a wireless keyboard to the x2 (Bluetooth or RF keyboard) and use it.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solutionas it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.