Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ablyden Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp stream notebook keeps shuting off while in use

hp stream laptop 14-ax0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Just bought an hp stream laptop this last month...about 5 days ago my laptop started to shut off without warning while in use about evey 10 to 15 minutes...does anyone know how to fix this issue...it is very annoying because i have to study for an exam and the **bleep** thing just wont stay on any more...ive tried a hard reset and tried to update the BIOS but couldnt...nothing worked...please if anyone knows how to solve this problem it will be greatly appreciated...thanks..please HELP....

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12515 686 827
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp stream notebook keeps shuting off while in use

@ ablyden

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP stream 14 notebook, I understand that your notebook keeps shutting down and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Disable the automatic restart option to view error messages.

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
  • Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
  • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
  • Restart the computer.

And run hardware diagnostics to check for any hardware failures, Click here.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation