Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP w2207h monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

NOTE:  this is a question about monitors.  I did not find 'monitors' in the drop-down section that asks which board I want, and it won't post unless I choose SOMETHING.

My monitor has a border around the websites that is growing.  in other words, the visible webpage is shrinking.  Right now the is about a one inch of black screen around any website I pull up. 

Would really appreciate finding out how to fix it.

Thanks, Jana

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi @JanaHiker

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues with the margins on the web pages.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• Is this happening only for the webpages or all the programs?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?
  • If possible please share a screenshot.

Meanwhile, follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/bph05236

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The condition  affects all programs.

I tried a google search and did not find anything, but that led me to  this forum.  I used the search command to look in prior questkions.  If there's aleady an answer to it, I must have been entering the wrong  search words.

I tried using the link that was sent. I only made it to the first two steps.  I pushed auto, then  menu, but after had selected  Factory Rest, I didn't know how to implement that.  I tried return and clicking on it, nothing happened. 

Please excuse the italics, I have  a  cast on my right hand and don't know how I changed it to  italics, but I accidentally hit all kinds of keys.

I also have done a full restart of the computer and monitor.  No recent  program updates.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

sorry, forgot the screen shot.

I forgot how to make it smaller.  Mine is  2600, largest acceptedis 1000

HP Recommended

Hi @JanaHiker

Thank you for posting back.

I recommend you to follow all the steps in the article I have send in my previous post and check.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found the PDF file for this monitor, it said the resolution was 1680 x 1050 @60 hz.  Then I  opened the control panel and found where I can change the resolution, but the highest it went was 1366 x 768. 

I have only na vague ides of what a video driver is.

Unfortunately, the monitor is not connected to an HP laptop, but a Toshiba.  I bought it on vacation when I really wanted to see my pictures.  I would like to use this monitor until the HP desktop I just ordered gets here.

HP Recommended

Hi @JanaHiker

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

Follow below steps to change the resolution of the monitor.

To get started, right-click on an empty space on your desktop and select Display settings towards the bottom of the context menu. Alternatively, you can go to Start > Settings > System > Display.

settingscaling1

The Settings app in Windows 10 is ready for per-monitor display scaling.

Once you're there, you've won half the battle. You should see a graphical layout of your monitor set-up. In this case I have a laptop display labeled 1 and an external monitor labeled 2.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

II'm sorry to be such a pest.  I tried the settings, went  to screen 2, and it was already the higher number.  I closed that window.  For acouple of seconds, it appeared to be successful.  The image filled the whole monitor screen!  But then I noticed that the monitor  had my wallpaper image full screen, but nothing else showed on the monitor (none of the destop folders or the command line.  So I tried to fix that, and the monitor display  went back to being small.

So I tried to fix THAT.  At this point, when I right click and then select settings, the screen that shows up when I right click on the desktop just disappears, doesn't bring anything up at all.

I am going to try shutting down the laptop. If I can't get it working, I'll just get rid of this monitor.

HP Recommended

I have tried again and now have the full use of the monitor, but with only my wallpaper, nothing else except the arrow showing where the mouse is.

HP Recommended

Hi @JanaHiker

Thank you for posting back.

If you duplicate you laptop screen you will see the laptop screen on the monitor too and the display settings will be of your laptop screen. 

If you extend the display then you can set the maximum resolution of the monitor.

Let me know whether you are duplicating the screen or extending it.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.