Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
envy 17 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i turned off my laptop two evenings ago, i selected update and shutdown.  Yesterday and today my pc won't reboot.  It gets the HP logo and then the little spinning circle.  I've logged in using the esc key and run the system diagnostics.  Everything passed.  I've tried to recover to a point before the windows update - two different dates.  i'm getting error 0x80070091 and the recover doesn't work.  What are my options to get the computer to boot into windows again.  i'm guessing something in the windows update two days ago corrupted something?? any help would be appreciated.  The laptop is about a year old.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello

I understand that your HP Notebook PC running Windows 10 is not booting to Windows and you are looking to have it resolved. I suspect that the update did not go through and has corrupted the OS and I suggest you to reocver your pc using HP Recovery Manager. I am providing you with a HP Document: HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10), which will help you perform the step by backing up your data. Go to the section that says "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly" and follow the document to help you fix the issue. Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961#AbT3

**Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

**Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

**Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for

HP.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I've attempted the solution given with mixed results.  The laptop has been restored, but the step to download windows 10 is failing with error code 0x80072ee7.  i am retrying the download.  Any info on this error?

HP Recommended

Hello

You need to be more specific so that I can guide you properly. Here are some questions I would request answers for :

Did this message come up during the recovery ? Yes/No

Was recoevry completed successfully ? Yes/No

Did this message come up while performing Windows Updates ? Yes/No

What is the exact error message ?

**Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

**Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

**Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

It seems to have worked on the second attempt.  i'm going to proceed to add all my apps and security programs.  Hopefully it will be back to the way it was in a few days.  Thank you for your help!!

HP Recommended

I looked up the the error code. It generally comes up when you are trying to update Windows Store apps. This is primarily to do with internet disconnections apart from all other issues.

If it comes up again, restart your pc and ensure your internet connection is good before trying to perform the updates.

This should take care of the issue.

And ya..

**Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

I am an HP employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.