Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
elitebook

i bought a HP ELite book(that's all i know about it now) from the company i work for because they got new lab tops for the company and i wanted a computer for my house so i bought this one.but i wanna do a master reset where i can take the domain off and password and wipe everything clean where it would be just like it came out the box new to where i can set it up as my computer adn not the business computer with a domain and password. but how to i go  about doing this? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

elitebook 8570p is the model of my labtop im using and trying to reset

HP Recommended

i have a elite book 8570p and i wanna know if a factory reset will wipe everything to like new settings and will it get rid of passwords and domains? i bought a labtop from my work and i am trying to make it my personal computer and not a compnay computer. also how do i do a master reset on this computer? i can not figure out how to do and will i need anything after i do the master reset? thanks in advance 

HP Recommended

Hi @carey1234

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Please, note that I merged all your posts into one single topic/thread so that it is consolidated and in one place.

With regards to your questions:

What you request may be easy or not so easy and it depends on what you currectly have and what it was 🙂

This computer is CTO model (configure to order) and the initial owner decides what to have - what hardware and software to have, to have or not an operating system. If it came with Windows preinstalled, it should have recovery partition that will help you restore it to factory default settings. However, it it did not come with Windows preinstalled OR if your company is (was) a big company, they probably used their own Windows version (e.g. corporate image) which has erased everything.

The easiest and fastest way for you to check if this PC has a recovery partition working is :

Please, perform some basic hardware checks

1. Please, shutdown the computer

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Do you see F11 "System Recovery" present ?

If F11 option is there, probably the recovery partition is there and probably intact. If you enter it you may be able to begin recovery which will erase EVERYTHING and restore to complete default settings.

If F11 is not there, please post again for further assistance.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.