Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab25
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I bought my computer (HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab25) in December 2015, and I got the problem while reformatting my computer.

The computer suddenly stopped on 54% and it said to cancel it. 

So I clicked cancel, but after that, the computer started turning on and off by itself. 

I tried memory test and hard drive test (because I got similar problems for twice and called HP customer service before.) and the computer said it passed both quick and extensive hard drive test, but failed memory test.

My failure ID is M4KXGW-8B68GV-MFPWLK-40C303

and Product ID is N5R44UA#ABL 

How can I solve this problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @as667100, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand while formatting your computer it got stuck at 54% and when you ran the memory diagnostics it failed with a failure ID.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

As you mentioned when you ran the memory diagnostics it failed with a failure ID.

I tried to decode the failure ID and got this results.

Memory Module 1 Failure

Failure Code201

So it indicates you have to replace the memory (RAM) on your laptop.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Hope this answers your query! 

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.