Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You have to push the brightness button until it comes back on.

HP Recommended

push the brightness button my the keypad and it came back on

HP Recommended

I wonder if this is only happening to HP laptops.   What worked for me was, as some others figured out (Thank YOU), going to display settings (you can right click on icon on task bar, bottom right of screen) or Control panel, search display settings,, then  advanced settings, then turn the dim level all the way to the dimmest setting on the plug in option.  and don't forget to save the changes.  

HP Recommended

Dang! should have read your solution.

Had my laptop serviced by HP support. They only added issiues last night. Now it turns black for about half a second when i plug/unplug....

😞

HP Recommended

not sure i read your response correctly, but, i had this same problem (NOTE: just updated to Windows 10...i hear this is a quirk of new operating system), and it WAS the brightness level that was all of the way down... has nothing do do with the "NEVER" selection you mentioned as to why it wouldn't fix...  look more closely at your options to fix this, and just move the brightness bar back to the right.  It fixed my issue.  By the way, i did NOTHING to make this problem happen, all of a sudden, during classtime (teaching), my screen went black...

Hope this helps, if not... good luck:)

HP Recommended

This is it!  Thanks.

HP Recommended

I don't have Windows 10 yet, but my laptop's screen starts fading after about 30 seconds and then gets really dark, darker than the darkest usual screen setting. I can still see a little bit but not very well. Unplugging immediately brightens the screen and I can reattach the cable and read normally for another 30 seconds...

Also, while I am able to adjust the brightness settings--well, I can slide the bar--it has absolutely no effect when either plugged in or unplugged. And my f2 and f3 keys also don't work, and the little brightness indicator that they usually show when pressed doesn't change.

HP Recommended

Hello to all! I have also same with this problem and i have try all battery option and power display setting change but still dont work..."try this method if working" Rightclick on my computer, Go to device manager, on display adapter driver expand it.. then right click on your display driver and select properties, Go to DRIVER menu and select ROLLBACK DRIVER...  then try to put your charger if the problem will be the same... if the problem is fixed it  means you have a driver isue with your display...  Solution= try to re update your drivers or re-install the exact drivers for your laptop..Note: see the right brand and model of your laptop before downloading drivers

HP Recommended

This does not work to "fix" the problem. It seems that the brightness controls in power management got reversed somehow but I have not seen an actual solution for fixing it. After all the problems and issues I've had since upgrading to Windows 10 I'm a bit nervous about updating any drivers for fear it may mess up again. If HP could figure out an actual fix for the reversal of the buttons, that would be great!

HP Recommended

I just did the windows 10 update also and this is exactly what "fixed" my issue. I'd like to agree with the weird sentiment and not call it total "BS" but that is hard for me to do right now...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.