Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I suggest that you return your computer and have it replaced by HP. Or you can update the drivers on it. It looks like a driver related issue. You can use RadarSync free version to scan and see which drivers are outdated. I think it's a video related driver issue. If RadarSync won't return anything, then I suggest you get it replaced because it's a lemon. Or if it returns an outdated driver notification then update the driver and check if it's going to work or not. 

HP Recommended

I've been having this issue - exactly the same as the op described. Is there a solution? Has reinstalling helped resolve this successfully for anyone? I really don't want to have to spend a day reinstalling only to find it hasn't helped.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm also experiencing the BSOD issue on my HP Pavillion.  It's less than 1 year old and this is the 4th time it has happened.  This time however I am not able to perform a self test on the hardware (when I press F10 at startup it goes to the BIOS menu but doesn't give me a diagnostics submenu choice).  I have also tried pressing the Windows key + W to be able to turn off the automatic re-boot but that doesn't work either.  The computer just turns on and immediately goes to blue screen with the error message ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.  We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you."  And then there is another message in small print that flashes on the screen and it immediately goes to a black screen with the message "Preparing Automatic Repair".  Then the loop starts all over again. 

I should note that HP has already replaced this computer once. I am running Windows 8 on it.  Seems to be a major HW/SW incompatibility issue here.

Regardless, need some help.  What other options do I have?

HP Recommended

Hi ChelseaM,

I understand you are getting BSOD and crashing on your HP Pavilion g6. If you follow this document it will help resolve your issue. It would seem an update has caused confusion. System restore to a date that the computer was working correctly.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello MrStentner,

I pressed F11 repeatedly on start-up and it briefly flashed "System Recovery" but then returned to the BSOD loop.

It seems system recovery is feasible.

I also tried pressing escape repeatedly on start up and ran a memory test and systems test - both passed.

I tried pressing F10 on start-up as well, but it did not give me a diagnostics option.

I feel like there isn't anything else I can do from home.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended
Sorry - meant to say system recovery is NOT feasible.
HP Recommended

Hi ChelseaM,

I was wondering if you made some restore disks. If so you need to insert the Disks.

If not, I will need your exact model number to see if I could provide online assistance. Here is a document if needed on how to find the product number.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, my hp pavillon g7 notebook pc also keep having Blue Screen. I provide you the link to my google drive account. Could you analyse it and send me a response.

here is the link :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_fs56rhj_0OUozU2p5MW9nakE/edit?usp=sharing

With great thanks

Patrick

HP Recommended

I've had my Pavilion G6 for over a year now. I have already had to revert it back to Windows 8 after installing Windows 8.1, had quite a few BSODs, wifi constantly going off - network completely fine and other devices working fine with the internet (having had to restart hub to see if it was an issue with the network which it wasn't), 100% disc use and now the constant issue where the laptop just suddenly restarts itself; whether it is mobile or stationary.  Earlier this morning, it completely crashed and started making this very loud crashing/whirring noise - I have never heard a laptop making that noise ever and was quite shocked by it.

I have updated the laptop - focusing mainly on the BIOS update but then updating everything else anyway.

I constantly clean the fans and make sure they are not covered up - laptop never gets really warm when in use. 

Looking online, the most common result to this issue is that its an overheating issue - which like I said really don't see how this could be the reason, what with cleaning the fans all the time, the temperature not getting too hot etc.

Another one is that the fan is knackered - which sounds more likely since when I first had it, it was constantly in 100% disc use when just browsing on the internet. 

And the other seems to be memory failure - I have ran a check and the memory is fine - located a corrupted file before which stopped the BSOD, but this restarting issue is now occuring more often that not.

As its out of warranty, this makes it even more harder to sort out - if it is a hardware issue, it will be a costly service and I need this laptop for everyday use. 

Please can someone help with this issue.

HP Recommended
I have a HP pavillion g6. 2 years old. It is not booting up till the homescreen. When I press the power button, the screen lights up, but no text or anything is displayed rather it again switches off after some time. Sometimes, it shows the loading screen with hp symbol and says "diagonising your pc" and then "checking your hard disk for errors. This might take over an hour." But it again switches off within 5 minutes.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.