Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
please i am having these same comment on my laptop screen now and i have tried all the above options but all to nought. Although mine was caused wen i got a negative charge into the system through a usb cord. Please help asap
HP Recommended

Hi Friskm,

I understand your laptop giving errors from the Hard Drive.

Follow this link is will assist you and let me know what happens. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03635479

Errors should be posted here so I can assist with direct errors on the laptop.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Uh yea I'm having the same issue with my laptop. I took out the battery and the power plug. Will removing the hard drive remove all the things I have saved on my laptop? As a student in college I can't afford to lose my data. Thanks.
HP Recommended

Registered just to point out that solution worked for me. Was just a 45 minutes downtime thanks to you!

Can't seem to be able to Kudo however.

Nor mark it as my solution.

Sad.

HP Recommended

Hey Dave_Strider,

You will not lose any information on the hard drive by doing a hard reset. The document is to do some test on the hard drive. Here is a document on hard resetting the computer.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

my hp 250 g1model  hdd not detected

HP Recommended

Hi 0556776658,

I understand your computer is telling you that the HDD is not detected. HP System Diagnostics is a program built into the BIOS of your computer and is a quick and easy way to identify basic computer hardware problems. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until you see one of the following screens shown in this document.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443317

Record any errors and let me know.

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HP laptop telling me that there in no bootable disk. I have doen the F2 and tried to do a hard disk test. It says Hard Disk does not exist. 

I have removed the hard drive and reinstalled it with the same issue.

The memory test passes, but the hard disk not exist??

Help

HP Recommended

I am also having this problem. I have also taken all of the steps that were suggested with no results. I repair computers and other electronics and am used to HP motherboards going bad, as they are poorly constructed. This, however, is a new issue to me. The usual HP motherboard issue is that overheating, due to dust buidup, causes the video processor to separate from the motherboard rendering it useless. You can do a reflow on those, but that's just a temporary fix. Please, get it together or quit making computers. My advice to anyone who asks is to avoid HP computers at all costs. I can't believe how often your computers, more specifically your motherboards, fail. I don't know what happened to HP. You used to manufacture great products.

HP Recommended

@nucci123 wrote:

not sure what happened. was using it and everything was fine, left the room for maybe 5 minutes, came back and the screen was on the start up menu saying "Boot Device Not Found" under that it said "Please install an operating system on your hard disk" and under that "Hard Disk - (3F0)" after running the offered diagnostics tests the problem seems to be the hard disk. what happened and more importantly what do i do? the computer hasnt had any problems, hasnt been running slow, shouldnt have any viruses, and like i said i was using it not 5 minutes before this and it was running smoothly. im writing this on a friends laptop and i really need to get my own back.

Help please. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.