Note on archived topics.
04-04-2017 01:54 PM
The note book we bought will not turn on, the power button lights up but that's it. We have tried all trouble shooting ideas on here. If it's out of warranty what do I do.
04-05-2017 06:43 PM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that your HP Pavillion notebook is not powering on. I would like to help you out with this issue today.
- Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage
- Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector.
- Start computer using the battery only
- Check that the lid switch moves freely
- When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.
- If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.
Let me know how it goes.
I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,
Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.
I am an HP Employee
04-06-2017 02:31 AM