Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sueship Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

notebook 3 months out of warranty now not working, Am I supposed to just throw it away

HP pavillion notebook

The note book we bought will not turn on, the power button lights up but that's it. We have tried all trouble shooting ideas on here. If it's out of warranty what do I do.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12515 684 827
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

notebook 3 months out of warranty now not working, Am I supposed to just throw it away

@sueship

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that your HP Pavillion notebook is not powering on. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

• Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage 
  • Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector.
  • Start computer using the battery only 
  • Check that the lid switch moves freely 
  • When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning. 
  • If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
sueship Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your reply I have tried turning it on with just the battery in and the light next to the power button does come on and you can hear the fan but the screen just doesn't come on at all, we have tried it with just the power lead and no battery but still it doesn't come on we have also tried holding the windows button and the 'b' key as on your trouble shooting page but still no screen, the light by the power lead is white which my daughter says means it's fully charged I just don't know what to do next thanks
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12515 684 827
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sueship

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

It seems to be hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone Support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation