Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is the only "Unknown device" I have in Device Manager after a CLEAN windows 7 64bit install, using all of the pertinent drivers and softwares available for my dv8t-1000 laptop I just got a week or so ago.

Where is what I need to install in order for this to be ok?

Thanks,

Frank

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Try installing Intel Chipset driver:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45629.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

I did... twice in my two atempts. That was the first of the drivers I installed. Still problem persists...

Please advice.

Thanks,

Frank

HP Recommended

Try this:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45016.exe

If the issue persists, we need the hardware IDs...

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 12-02-2009 03:57 AM
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended
Please reboot Your system and check is this problem solved now.
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@Vidya

I didn't gave You permission to copy mine posts or graphic work.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
I am sorry. I did not still understand the trick of embedding pictures into the message. That is the reason I tried to use your screen captures.
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

Guide: How to post image on HP costumer Support Forum

Click on 'Upload or insert and image' button.

screen.jpg

You will see something like this:

screen4.jpg

Click on 'Browse' button and choose file from Your local HDD which You want to paste.

screen 2.jpg

You will see preview of this photo in the same window. Click on 'Insert image' and that's all.

screen3.jpg

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 12-02-2009 05:06 AM

HP Recommended

Thanks much Daniel.

I did see the tab from My computer earlier, Now I see it.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

zthanx.gif

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.