Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7-2245sg
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I start my HP Pavilion g7, os boot manager takes very long delay (45sec) before Windows logo is displayed and windows starts booting. So to make it clear, screen with HP logo with circle below rotating is displayed more than 45sec.

I recently replace original drive with SSD drive and upgrade BIOS to F.2A. I also played with BIOS settings; restore defaults, disable secure boot and enable legacy support, nothing helped.

I also notice some strange behavior, when I put my original drive back into notebook, 1st start was reasonably fast (few seconds), but next boot was same as before.

Resgards

Brumela

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums I understand that your PC takes some time to boot to windows 1 - Try to Toggle the option of Quick boot settings in BIOS and analyse the changes that happens If the quikboot or Fast boot is Disabled try to Enable it and analyse the changes 2 - If not there can be a delay in your POST - check for the Drivers of all the Devices in your device manager and if any driver is missing update them 3 - Also update the BIOS settings for your pc http://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers If still the same issue contact HP http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html Hope this helped. Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.
I am an HP Employee

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

HP Recommended

@brumela

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Don't know if this is the issue but in Win10 a new hibernation option, known as Fast Startup is enabled by default.  This is supposed to speed up rebooting, but in some PCs, it actually slows it down.

There are two ways to disable FastStartup in Win8/10; (1) through the Control Panel, and (2) through an elevated command prompt.

Control Panel - Open Control Panel --> Power Options.
Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
Select "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
At the bottom of the Window, under Shutdown settings, uncheck the box regarding fast startup

Elevated command prompt - run the following command:
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power" /V HiberbootEnabled /T REG_dWORD /D 0 /F

In both cases, reboot Windows.

NOW, FastStartup is disabled.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi

1. I don't have Quick boot settings in BIOS, boot options looks like this http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Need-to-change-OS-boot-order-on-...

I try to change POST hotkey delay.

2. Yes one dive is not installed because it's not recognized, I also don't know what driver to install.

3. BIOS is latest I found here http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g7-2200-Notebook-PC-series/5296086/model/5314165/dri.... Current divers page doesn't offer BIOS upgrade file any more...

HP Recommended

Hi, I have hibernation disabled since fresh install, yes I know it's a pain 😞

thanks

HP Recommended

@brumela

Fast Startup is NOT a BIOS option -- so there will be no settings there for it.  You have to check the Windows Power Options as I indicated, to see if it is enabled, and you have to disable it there, as well.

I don't know what you mean by "one dive is not installed".

As to BIOS, again, this has nothing to do with BIOS settings or options.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Ok,

I checked, Fast startup was already disabled.

>I don't know what you mean by "one dive is not installed".

Typo, i meant, one diver is not installed, because I don't know what it is, but I think that is not reason for boo delay.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@hharih5 I don't have Quick boot settings in BIOS.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.