Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The keyboard stopped working yuesterday.

Trying to fix it. I switched off the system and unplugged the AC adapter after which I gremoved the battery. I pressed the power button for about 30s after which I re-inserted the battery.

The notebook is neither coming on or charging now. Please guys I need your help and I've got valuables on the notebook.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
Hi, my laptops keyboard doesn't even register. Usually when I start it up the wireless key will light up orange or white and my caps lock key will be white. This just isn't happening. You seem like the person to help me. Do you have any idea what's going on?
HP Recommended

I can't thank you enough - I don't understand why it just stopped, but it is back now thanks to you.  I appreciate it.

HP Recommended
i have problem with my hp pavilion notebook 15-noo3tx laptop. keyboard is not working, i want solve that problem. please tell me how to solve that problem.
HP Recommended

Hello @sprprithiv 

It appears that you have a problem with the keyboard in your notebook. I will try to assist you with this.

Have you tried all of the other suggests posted earlier in this thread? If not I recommend going through the thread to see if anything applies to your issue and if it may help or not.

Other wise this document may help you out:
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336150 (Link Updated 05/01/2017)

Let me know how everything goes for you.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Hi when I tried this, my keys worked in the bios menu but as soon as I went to login they stopped? Please help!?
HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336150 (Link Updated 05/01/2017)

This link will solve all you're problems Smiley Very Happy

HP Recommended

I was a split-second from ordering a new keyboard, when I said to myself, the above things didn't work, and I can not use the esc buttom, so we should have a hardware peoblem, BUT when the keyboard are outside the laptop, still wired it works flawlessly... then there must be something else wrong.

Then after some investigations I found out the keyboard worked until it clicked in position.the last click actually

Could be the flat cable, but it looked good. and I could not provoke it not to work, when the keyboard was outside the laptop.

Then I put some thin tape around the cable and clicked the keyboard back in place and..well.., the problem was still there.

and then I put tape on the back side of the entire  keyboard, and now it works again, 🙂

the thin tape you use for paper that get almost invisible when you use it.. that was the thinnest I had.

so maybe a "ground" problem between the backside of the keybord and metal below when in position? I don't know

..all I know is:  it worked !!

-and have worked for several hours now.. 

If it stops working again tomorrow or later....I'll let you know 🙂

HP Recommended

PS

... and if you mount the screw, from the opersite side that hold the keyboard,  it stop working again.. unscrewed it works..

HP Recommended

Hi I tried ur method but unfortunately now my track pad and the keys on track pad stopped working too!!

Please help!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.