Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-26-2017 07:48 AM
Im having problems when starting up my PC...wHn turning on my PC ,a blue screen appears written "Your PC ran into a problem, we are collecting error inforamtion and will restart your PC.
Second page tells me to install an operating system on my hard disk
03-26-2017 08:06 AM
Thank you for posting in HP support forum!
I am sorry about the issue you experience. I will be glad to help you solve your computer related issues.
Your problem is known as Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). BSOD is kind of Windows self-protection feature. If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss.
A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error.What you describe could happen because of incompatible with Windows driver (most often) or because of hardware issue (rarely).
In order to troubleshoot, I would need some specific information:
- it seems your PC cannot start, am I correct ?
- Did your PC come with Win 10 preinstalled or it previously had legacy Windows version ? Please, clarify the Windows situations
- did you perform some change recently around the time the BSOD screen appeared ?
Test your hardware for issues
1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button
2. Power it on.
2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).
This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one
3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.
This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . Here is more info >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1
If the tests pass without issues, continue. If not, please, let me know
Restore BIOS settings to default
1. Perform all the steps above (Esc) button but this time choose F10
to open BIOS setup
2. Navigate through the options and find the one that loads default configuration/settings to restore default settings
3. Save the BIOS saving the changes
Check this official HP article about such cases >>
Try all steps but especially step 2 and let me know if you manage to see the specific error
Looking forward to your update
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013