Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've recently upgraded from Windows Vista, To Windows7. I read an articale online about drivers and it said, "If theres a questions mark, And there is in the section "Other Devices", There is 3 "Base System Devices" and 1 "Biometric Coprocessor  ", When I try to run a game like Minecraft, It comes up ***BAD VIDEO CARD DRIVERS***, "Failed to Accelerate OpenGL drivers" or something, What do I do?:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK...what you have to do with that file is to install it manually.

Here's how to do that...

1. Download the file on the page where it looks like this...

Release date:6/7/2010 
Revision:2.19C 
Filename:2.19C_package.zip 
File size:4882997 bytes
Platform(s):Windows XP, Windows Vista 64bit, Windows server 2003, Windows Server 2003 64bit, Windows XP 64bit, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 64bit, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit 

Then extract that file to a folder and remember where you put it.  :generic:

Then go to the device manager and click on the biometric coprocessor device. Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for software method, and browse to the folder you extracted those files to.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the drivers should install.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number of your PC?

If you know where the support and driver page is for your notebook, download the Vista drivers for the NForce Chipset, and the Ricoh 5-in-1 card reader.

HP Recommended

I have a Dell XPS M1530 ( Sorry for posting on a different providers page, But Dell aren't replying and HP are better), And that makes no sence to me at all haha 🙂 I used to have the same problem on Windows Vista too! But there was only 1 Base System Device, Now I have Windows7, There a Biometric Coprocessor problem and 3 Base System Devices!:0

HP Recommended

Hi:

I wouldn't be one of those guys to turn you away from the HP site if I can help, which I believe I can.

This driver will install the base system devices.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/xps-m1530?driverId=WKJJ8&osCode=W...

The other one...I need more info since you have Intel hardware in that machine and I am not used to seeing a coprocessor missing on those.

Please post the hardware ID for the device and I will see what I can find.

If you don't know where to find the hardware ID, please read the info at the link below.

http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/blog/device-drivers/how-to-check-the-hardware-id-for-a-windows-dev...

It is probably the fingerprint sensor since it says Biometric on the description.

You can try this driver for that, and if it doesn't work, post the hardware ID.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/xps-m1530?driverId=023P0&osCode=w...

HP Recommended

I have Windows7, If I download that Windows Vista driver you just sent me will anything go wrong? And there's 3 Base system devices and 1 Biometic coprocessor", If you could get the drivers you just got me, But in Windows 7 instead of Windows Vista, Because I have Windows7 now 🙂

HP Recommended

It also wont come up with my Operating System on the Dell website, Because Vista was an original disc, And 7 is a copy, And it only comes up with originals:(

HP Recommended

Here are all 4 of the Hardware ID's 🙂

Base System Device 1 

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_022E1028&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_022E1028
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_0880

Base System Device 2

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0852&SUBSYS_022E1028&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0852&SUBSYS_022E1028
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0852&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0852&CC_0880

Base System Device 3

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_022E1028&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_022E1028
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_0880

Biometric Coprocessor

USB\VID_0483&PID_2016&REV_0001
USB\VID_0483&PID_2016

🙂

HP Recommended

Yes, the vista drivers should work just fine.

The hardware ID's you posted are definitely those drivers that need to be installed.

Installing those drivers isn't going to fix the video issue though.

What model graphics adapter came with your PC?

The specs state it could have come with a:

256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

You can get the windows 7 drivers for the video card at the link below.  Just select the model video adapter you have from the drop down menu (GeForce 8M series).

HP Recommended

Sorry, I installed the driver and had to do a restart, The Base System Device's have gone, But the Biometric Coprocessor is still here haha 🙂

HP Recommended

I wrote EVERYTHING down befor I installed Window7, In Display adaptors I have wrote down NVidia GeForce 8600M GT 🙂 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.